Summer Sucks, Viva Invierno!

Hugh Conway

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stoke, thanks for sharing. How long were you there? I'm curious how many of your days saw fresh snow, and also how much was Marte running?

I was there for a week last year. Unfortunately the Santa Rosa no showed and the snow was disappearing fast. We had a nice time, but it was a lot of money and travel time to ski corn (and some dirt) for a couple hours a day. Now looking at your pics I'm kicking myself for not going back!

I was in Las Lenas solely for that day because I'd heard rumours that Marte would be running and knew the conditions were pow :) According to various sources it'd been closed for the week prior (or longer) and was averaging ~40% open for the season. Definitely an expensive place to stay in the middle of nowhere.

I was in Argentina + Chile for 2 weeks (Sunday to Sunday). Flew in to Santiago, rented a car, drove down the Chilean side to Bariloche, drove up the Argentine side and crossed over. Had pow for ~1/2 the time, including the 2m in 3days when I was at R. Frey.