Weekend rockclimbing pics

billcoe

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, 2 years from now ben might get his disposable camera developed and we'll have some real low-quality pix of us on the upper part of stephenwolf - oh, yeah, that and pix of me leading flying circus w/ a cigarette in me mouth (the perfect compliment to french-freeing!)

Holy F John, gorgeous line! Did you do a TR?

My weekend.

Some cleaning pics. I freed up Ujahns line up the 100' to just below this block, and it was bigger (and sicker) than the picture shows. Maybe 12-15', and it appeared to be unattached from all sides. The line will go right up the left side there, with the only pro in the loose block thinggy. So I jugged up and kicked it, it doesn't want to come off. Hitting the top with my palm it sounded hollow and vibrated.

Ujahns_death_block_cleaning.jpg

Looked over and there was Kyle getting ready to set up another rap (zoomed in).

Kyle_mid_clean.jpg

Regular frame. I was trying to stay under the death block to keep the blocks Kyle was rolling off 100' up off my ass. Once he got to here, I could come out and play.

Kyle_cleans_a_line.jpg

Here it was last week with Ujahn on it - he's almost center of the pic. He's just above and right of the block which shows as a shadow/overhang making a mess.

Ujahn_on_Beeline_wide_small.jpg

That was Saturday.

Sunday:

Jimmy's Favorite. 5.10a FA Bill Coe and Kyle Silverman 9 7 08

Start of route

Bill_at_the_start_of_Jimmy_s_favorite.jpg

Middle of the line

Bill_middle_of_Jimmy_s_favorite.jpg

Topping out

Bill_at_the_top_of_Jimmy_s_favorite.jpg

Kyle following

Kyle_follows_Jimmy_s_favorite.jpg

Kyle rapping off.

kyle_raps_Jimmy_s.jpg

Finished up shooting the .45's. The Les Baer made those holes in the box with 2 clips of 8 per at 50 feet the previous trip to Cathedral. I didn't come close to those kinds of groups at Jimmy's and was 10' closer. I think it was the dirt in my eyes from cleaning all day *cough* bullshit* cough*. Kyles eyes seemed unaffected though, hmmm:-)

Pistols_in_basement_small.jpg

Hey John, did you make it up to the top? I'd be eager to hear how it went above the 1/2way mark. Great work getting on that thing.

The bottom half was brushy but had good rock, thought approaching from up the Neve valley is character building. The top half looked like the rock turned to garbage, but I'm sure you'd know better than we would. Either way, it's a wild valley back there and a pretty huge feature, eh?

I imagine John Roper didn't tell you that we'd tried the climb cause he likes to keep a bit of mystery about things and we were considering a re-attempt. The reason I didn't post step-by-step Gunsight approach directions is because there's certainly enough (tons!) of obvious beta out there to figure out where to leave the trail and walk up the hillside to open alpine slopes above. Since both parties who received my approach beta felt sandbagged by it, I'm not sure it's really useful.

Finished up shooting the .45's. The Les Baer made those holes in the box with 2 clips of 8 per at 50 feet the previous trip to Cathedral. I didn't come close to those kinds of groups at Jimmy's and was 10' closer. I think it was the dirt in my eyes from cleaning all day *cough* bullshit* cough*. Kyles eyes seemed unaffected though, hmmm:-)

Pistols_in_basement_small.jpg

Wow, it took a .45 to take out that box? Must have some serious kevlar lining or sumpin... Looks like you guys are having to much fun out there.