No You Can't!

KaskadskyjKozak

Let's start with McCain-Finegold. Not a popular thing for McCain to do, and it pissed off his party.

And, Obama, has done what to show he is a leader - especially transcending his own party? What legislation has HE authored?

*crickets*

OK lets start with McCain Feingold. A roving success you say?

And then lets move on to your second point. The fact that you don't think Obama has shown leadership demonstrates that McCain is a maverick?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your party will lose again. I can't wait to celebrate.

your guy may very well win, and i certainly wouldn't predict the future in an election w/ polls so close - but don't you sound just a wee bit like you're trying to convince yourself?

i really wouldn't be surprised if we get another 2000 result and the courts have to settle it all over again

OK lets start with McCain Feingold. A roving success you say?

And then lets move on to your second point. The fact that you don't think Obama has shown leadership demonstrates that McCain is a maverick?

Obama is an empty suit. McCain is a real leader. And your party will lose again. I can't wait to celebrate.

Seeing McCain left with the job of trying to clean the monkey-cage that Bush created would be just. Unfortunately, the country would be even worse off after 4 years of that.

Believe he was reelected in 2006 as an independent: 2/3 Republican and 1/3 democrate. This after loosing the primary to Democrat Ned Lamont. He had great assistance from the governor and the Bush whitehouse.

So, what is the significance??

Are you serious? Gore-Lieberman was 8 short years ago. They lost to W in a bitterly-contested debate. And now Lieberman will likely be on the cabinet of the next R administration? Probably as Secretary of Defence or of State.

5K you would like to see Lieverman as Sect. of Defense/State!

"Atop McCain’s short list, according to closely aligned Republican Senators and aides, likely would be two of the Arizonan’s most vocal supporters: Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) for attorney general or Sen. Joe Lieberman (ID-Conn.) as secretary of State, Defense or Homeland Security. Graham and Lieberman have been stumping for McCain for months and are considered two of the most loyal and ardent backers of his Iraq War policy."

Lieberman remains one of the most ardently supportive voices for President Bush's war effort in the Senate, and he has suggested expanding the war from Iraq to Iran.

In the Senate, Lieberman supported the Patriot Act and its renewal, and he's voted in favor of a measure to expand the government's domestic surveillance authority. He also has defended waterboarding as a legitimate interrogation tool in certain instances; on this issue he is at odds with McCain, who considers the tactic torture.

Is he your type of guy??

A real maverick's choice!

Is he your type of guy??

A real maverick's choice!

Lieberman is a good American, and a maverick in his own right - going against his own party, which cost him their support in his last election bid. Nevertheless, he won. I don't agree with him on many issues - like it or not, he is fundamentally a Democrat. But I respect him. He'd make a fine member of the McCain-Palin administration.

As long as the only means you have at your disposal for dealing with dissent or people who'd like to make this country a better place is red-baiting, personal attacks, fear-mongering, and know-nothingism, the faster we're all going down the tubes.

I welcome debate with serious dissenters who believe in our country and its system of government and wish to improve it. Your motives are not to improve this country, but overthrow our system of government, and abolish freedoms.

As long as the only means you have at your disposal for dealing with dissent or people who'd like to make this country a better place is red-baiting, personal attacks, fear-mongering, and know-nothingism, the faster we're all going down the tubes.

I welcome debate with serious dissenters who believe in our country and its system of government and wish to improve it. Your motives are not to improve this country, but overthrow our system of government, and abolish freedoms.

Wow, it's like...you just say it, and it's like...true. Dude, that's far-out.

He is no longer a member of the Democratic party but an independent. He won with Republican support and funding. I don't think he follows either parties game plan - which if I were McCain says Maverick with a capital M. I think Lieberman's reasoning is faulty on wanting to invade Iran and his foreign and domestic policy is kind of scary.

In the Senate, Lieberman supported the Patriot Act and its renewal, and he's voted in favor of a measure to expand the government's domestic surveillance authority.

5K, is this a way of abolishing freedoms? You suggest Lieberman would be a fine addition to the cabinet - what!

In the Senate, Lieberman supported the Patriot Act and its renewal, and he's voted in favor of a measure to expand the government's domestic surveillance authority.

5K, is this a way of abolishing freedoms? You suggest Lieberman would be a fine addition to the cabinet - what!

No democrats supported the PA and its renewal? Hmm?

And I don't buy the BS that the PA is some kind of horrible expansion of gov't. Sorry. And I'm not about to go into some huge tangent on this subject. It's been beat to death on this site.

He is no longer a member of the Democratic party but an independent. He won with Republican support and funding. I don't think he follows either parties game plan - which if I were McCain says Maverick with a capital M.

That's EXACTLY what this country needs more of!

I agree with you that we need more independent thinkers, however I don't believe he would have won re-election without support from the Republicans, so how independent can that be?!

He is no longer a member of the Democratic party but an independent. He won with Republican support and funding. I don't think he follows either parties game plan - which if I were McCain says Maverick with a capital M.

That's EXACTLY what this country needs more of!

I agree with you that we need more independent thinkers, however I don't believe he would have won re-election without support from the Republicans, so how independent can that be?!

He still votes D on most issues and has been critical for them to maintain their slim majority. So much for the theory that the R's "bought" him.