No You Can't!

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last night's spectacular speech by our next VP, Sarah Palin, it is obvious that the libtards don't have a snowball's chance in hell to win this election.

Obamalama should concede this election immediately.

As for all that $$$ he raised, he should put it where his mouth is and start a health-insurance non-profit for the uninsured.

Best to cut your losses now, B-HO, and avoid the ignominy of defeat. Otherwise your name will join those of the other libtard losers: Algore and Lurch.

hitler460.jpg

I knew it!! You bastard!! Christ you people are bad news......

BTW Prole, Bushs record was significantly better than Obamas before the election, and see where that got you don't you?

Actually, back then I thought Bush's record as Texas governor was pretty clear and I got almost exactly what I was expecting. I figured most other people were smart enough to see it too.

What are you asking?

Not 'asking" anything, prole, merely observing that the media seems to like to take an everyday word in common usage, ascribe a pedigree to it, effectively creating a commentary on the user, all in the "interests" of reporting the "news." My rant here is with the media, not the nominees or who is commenting upon them.

The piece could just have effectively been written without the use of the term racially-tinged, is what I am saying. That was added in an attempt to foment discontent, IMO.

"Uppity" is a racially-tinged term. Anybody from Georgia knows this. Obama knows this. Most people know this. Why wouldn't the media report on a white Southern legislator using it to refer to a black candidate? Are you dense?

"Uppity" is no longer a racially-tinged word. True, while its origin is from blacks in the US South almost 130 years ago, it's now a word in common useage throughout the English-speaking world, and I challenge you to prove that it's common knowledge of the word's etymology. Shit, I didn't know its etymology until I looked it up, and I've lived in the South for years. Fuck, I even call me sister uppity, cuz the bitch is. You should hear how she talks to our mom.

"Uppity" is a racially-tinged term. Anybody from Georgia knows this. Obama knows this. Most people know this. Why wouldn't the media report on a white Southern legislator using it to refer to a black candidate? Are you dense?

"Uppity" is no longer a racially-tinged word. True, while its origin is from blacks in the US South almost 130 years ago, it's now a word in common useage throughout the English-speaking world, and I challenge you to prove that it's common knowledge of the word's etymology. Shit, I didn't know its etymology until I looked it up, and I've lived in the South for years. Fuck, I even call me sister uppity, cuz the bitch is. You should hear how she talks to our mom.

words are living things

don't be usin' that word in front of Prole and the boys in the hood! :lmao:

...The stories are told in Harris' version of a Deep South slave dialect. The genre of stories is the trickster tale. The term "uncle" was a patronizing, familiar and often racist title reserved by whites for elderly black men in the South, which is considered by some to be pejorative and offensive. At the time of Harris' publication, his work was praised for its ability to capture plantation negro dialect.

Case In Point: Am I now to assume that the term "uncle" is racially-tinged? Shall I take offense when my buddy's toddlers race to their front door when I come over to visit and they yell in joyful unison, "Uncle Paul!!!1"?

Porter is correct in his observation: language is a living thing. It evolves over time. What once was, is not necessarily any longer. Get over yourself and your self-righteous indignation.

Why don't you go to a black neighborhood and start asking the people there about "uppity". Let us all know what you find out.

...The stories are told in Harris' version of a Deep South slave dialect. The genre of stories is the trickster tale. The term "uncle" was a patronizing, familiar and often racist title reserved by whites for elderly black men in the South, which is considered by some to be pejorative and offensive. At the time of Harris' publication, his work was praised for its ability to capture plantation negro dialect.

Case In Point: Am I now to assume that the term "uncle" is racially-tinged? Shall I take offense when my buddy's toddlers race to their front door when I come over to visit and they yell in joyful unison, "Uncle Paul!!!1"?

Porter is correct in his obsrevation: language is a living thing. It eveloves over time. What once was, is not necessarily any longer.

i think it depends on the context sobo...the meaning can certainly revert in a big hurry. it doesn't mean that someone is conciously attempted a slur...or it could. or it could be not conscientiously done as well...or not. unless you're a mind reader you'll never know. or a liberal, of course.

Why don't you go to a black neighborhood and start asking the people there about "uppity". Let us all know what you find out.

Why don't you start asking me about what I think about people referring to all Poles as "dumb Polaks"? I will tell you that they are ignoramuses. But I don't take offense, nor get all self-righteously indignant, nor incite rioting over it. They're just ignorant douchebags. End of story.