Favorite RNC Quotes

prole

"Barack Obama has never dealt with a legislature as an executive," Pennsylvania Republican Party Chairman Robert A. Gleason, Jr. argued. She also was commander in chief of the National Guard, no small task given it's proximity to Russia. "If the bear ever comes, he's coming that way," he said.

Compelling.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr., the lawyer who conducted the review, told The Associated Press in an interview Monday that Palin underwent a "full and complete" examination before McCain chose her. Asked whether everything that came up as a possible red flag during the review already has been made public, Culvahouse said: "I think so. Yeah, I think so. Correct."

Arthur B. Culvahouse Jr., the lawyer who conducted the review, told The Associated Press in an interview Monday that Palin underwent a "full and complete" examination before McCain chose her. Asked whether everything that came up as a possible red flag during the review already has been made public, Culvahouse said: "I think so. Yeah, I think so. Correct."

Why are all your quotes chopped up into 5 word chunks? Kinda suspicious.

A coterie of Republican women sought to curtail what they said was inappropriate criticism of Sarah Palin's record as governor, her past political affiliations, and her family life, lambasting the news media for what they said were sexist attacks on the vice-presidential nominee.

The women said they were "outraged" at the "sexist treatment," the "objectionable and sexist attacks" and the "smear campaign" against Palin, who became governor of Alaska in December 2006 and before that was mayor of a small town.

Asked why criticisms of Palin's political affiliations and experience are sexist, Carly Fiorina, top advisor to the McCain campaign responded, "Those in and of themselves are not sexist, but it is problematic when charges are made that are clearly factually false. Every woman up here welcomes a discussion about her track record." --from Guardian 9/3/08

There was also sensitivity that continued discussion of Palin could damage her image outside the convention hall - even though the Democrats say the controversy was an asset to McCain because it distracted from the ailing economy...

...The testiness even extended to Karl Rove, the mastermind of George Bush's election victories, who had suggested McCain's rationale for choosing Palin was winning the election, and not governing. "Karl's wrong," snapped Steve Schmidt, a senior campaign adviser, on CBS yesterday. "She's been under vicious assault and attack from the angry left."---from Guardian 9/3/08

The claim the Obama camp made with regards to the Palin controversy possibly working to McCain's favor reminds me of Hollywood agents, working from the assumption that "any news is good news", orchestrate breakups, hookups, and rehab stints for their celebrity clients that may be fading from public view.

11. Are you offended by the phrase “Under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

Sarah Palin: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.