palin pregnancy

Gary_Yngve

Which is exactly why the GOP is flying Levi to the convention. Wait, huh?

Yeah, this surprised me why they're doing it now all of a sudden rather than earlier. My guess is they wanted to view peoples' reactions before they decided what to do next. Now they think that giving Levi airtime will be good PR. But until they knew that, he was scum, as far as they were concerned.

When we look back at the 2008 Campaign in a few years time, we will have invented a new term to describe what is happening: "media-baiting". The other part is exactly what you say, good PR. The McCain Camp trying to turn lemons into lemonade by making the Palins a poster family for anti-abortionists. This of course is politicizing a "private matter" on the part of the GOP but accusations of such can only be levied against liberals. Nifty trick.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A well balanced approach is obviously more valuable for preventing pregnancies.

so you agree then that palin's policy stance on abstince-only education is retarded, yes?

No, not with regards to her beliefs. Effective? No. But then again neither are condoms when you don't put them on and, as evidenced by the rate of teen pregnancies, they arent putting themm on.

if you believe that the best solution to a problem is one that doesn't solve the problem at all, and in fact makes the problem worse than other reasonable solutions, how is that not retarded?

the increase in the rate of teen pregnancies which you refer coincided w/ the massive increase in abstinence only education, right? maybe the reason kids ain't been putting the sock on the pickle right is b/c they haven't had the joy of having a 70 year old teacher literally demonstrate that for them in front of all of their peers, eh? (as a side note, no doubt the most awkward day in my 8th grade gym class!)

using abstinence education to end teen pregnancies is like trying to end crime by telling criminals to just stop breaking the law.

It seems obvious to me that the point of abstinence education isn't to prevent teen pregnancies as much as it is to prevent teen sex.

I agree.....kind of like Bill Clinton getting XXX has no bearing on his responsibilies as being president either.....but if I recall the right wing nut jobs (republicans) jumped all over him and impeached me.

Bring up ol' cigar-plantin', blue-dress stainin', soilin' the Oval Office Billy C. as an example, eh? Here's why it mattered with that clown:

If you or I pulled those stunts,

a) the boss, teacher etc. messing around with an intern/student, WE'D LOSE OUR JOB.

b) if you or I lied to a grand jury (no matter what the subject), WE'D GO TO JAIL.

"Yah...but that's nuthin compared to....blah, blah, blah...none of our business...blah, blah, blah...."

[And it became his business and eventually ours because he was being sued at the time for sexual harrassment.]

Again, you and I would lose our job or go to jail.

monica.jpg

monica_tshirt.jpg

I think it's hilarious that the underage daughter of someone who preaches abstinence-only sex-ed is pregnant.

Stupid stuff Bristol Palin has done:

1) Gotten pregnant - Reason: sex is fun

Stupid stuff Gary Yngve has done:

1) Bivied 30' off the ground due to stupidity

2) Got lost walking to Kurt's house - Reason: "the road makes a jog"

3) Very bad dresser

4) Whined all over CC about his Grad School advisor

hey mark mcjizmonyourchin...

gotta give the stupid award to bristol on this one...

gary's a tool, but a 17 year old who can't figger out birthcontrol is a fuckin' moron (or maybe she hadn't heard of sex ed???)

the left seems a whole lot more forgiving for those that have abortions. the rational is always: "sometimes people make mistakes, blah blah blah, we should not judge... freedom of choice...give her a break"

if,as in this case, a girl keeps the child it is "she is a moron...can't she figure out birth control... quick throw stones!!" [i paraphrase]

the left seems a whole lot more forgiving for those that have abortions. the rational is always: "sometimes people make mistakes, blah blah blah, we should not judge... freedom of choice...give her a break"

if,as in this case, a girl keeps the child it is "she is a moron...can't she figure out birth control... quick throw stones!!" [i paraphrase]

if you are gonna "paraphrase" me, at least get it right...

WHat i said was she couldn't figure out birth control and got into the situation of being pregnant in the first place...i said nothing about keeping the baby being a smart choice or not...

Bring up ol' cigar-plantin', blue-dress stainin', soilin' the Oval Office Billy C. as an example, eh? Here's why it mattered with that clown:

If you or I pulled those stunts,

a) the boss, teacher etc. messing around with an intern/student, WE'D LOSE OUR JOB.

b) if you or I lied to a grand jury (no matter what the subject), WE'D GO TO JAIL.

"Yah...but that's nuthin compared to....blah, blah, blah...none of our business...blah, blah, blah...."

[And it became his business and eventually ours because he was being sued at the time for sexual harrassment.]

Again, you and I would lose our job or go to jail.

Interesting. Then why do I keep hearing the symantic "values" from the conservatives and republicans? If so, then your logic Raindawg might have a problem.

Has it been reported that Bristol wasn't using birth control? Just because the schools teach abstinence doesn't mean she wasn't taking precautions. We don't know what Sarah Palin taught her daughter in their home and what Bristol took away or didn't from the discussions. Seems like a lot of speculation to blame this pregnancy on an abstinence only sex ed program without knowing all the facts.

Has it been reported that Bristol wasn't using birth control? Just because the schools teach abstinence doesn't mean she wasn't taking precautions. We don't know what Sarah Palin taught her daughter in their home and what Bristol took away or didn't from the discussions. Seems like a lot of speculation to blame this pregnancy on an abstinence only sex ed program without knowing all the facts.

What are you saying? Condoms never tear! And the pill is 100% effective! Birth control never ever ever fails!!

What are you saying? Condoms never tear! And the pill is 100% effective! Birth control never ever ever fails!!

percentage wise, i'm willing to bet that actually using birth control vs. not using it...well one probably does a better job against preventing an unplanned pregnancy. what do you think?

We don't know what Sarah Palin taught her daughter in their home and what Bristol took away or didn't from the discussions.

You're absolutely right. We don't know the circumstances of the sex, nor what mom told daughter.

However:

- if mom taught abstinence, that's an ironic anecdote of the ineffectiveness of teaching abstinence

- if mom taught safe sex, that's hypocritical for mom to teach one thing but pass laws to teach the other thing

Above all though, I think peoples' anger with the whole thing is how the Repubs are embracing it, where were it some black/Latino/poor person, they'd be lambasting them for trying to get on the welfare rolls.

We don't know what Sarah Palin taught her daughter in their home and what Bristol took away or didn't from the discussions.

You're absolutely right. We don't know the circumstances of the sex, nor what mom told daughter.

However:

- if mom taught abstinence, that's an ironic anecdote of the ineffectiveness of teaching abstinence

- if mom taught safe sex, that's hypocritical for mom to teach one thing but pass laws to teach the other thing

Above all though, I think peoples' anger with the whole thing is how the Repubs are embracing it, where were it some black/Latino/poor person, they'd be lambasting them for trying to get on the welfare rolls.

:tup: Edited by RuMR

KKKKK, are you saying that the 30% pregnancy rate of Us teens can be blamed purely on poor quality control of Chinese-made condoms and pills? OMG!

We should stop teaching abstinence only drug and alcohol education! It's been SOOOO effective!

Time to teach those kids HOW to drink, and drive properly too - with a buzz. They're gonna do it anyways!

weak...very weak...

many kids won't do drugs...its a rare kid that fantazises about booze and drugs but not sex...

seems to me, when i was a wee little teen, it (sex) was always on my mind...come to think about it, its still there...and i rarely think about when i'm gonna go get pounded and fucked up...

Edited by RuMR