palin pregnancy

Gary_Yngve

No contraceptive techniques work unless you use them. Abstinence is still the only method with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% track record.

That's a load of crap. Abstinence does have a 100% track record if used PROPERLY. Just as condoms or BCP are 95%+ effective if used diligently, like 80% if not. If you want higher than 95%, you can do condom plus BCP.

But sex is so tantalizing that people who swear to abstinence can't stick to it -- they break it -- they are not using it properly. So regardless of it being 100% effective if used properly, it's probably only 80% effective overall, because people break their abstinence.

In general, condoms and BCP fail from user error. Waiting too long to put it on, reuse, improper sizing/comes off, forgetting, lack of judgment from drugs/alcohol, past expired date, skipping a pill...

It's quite rare for condoms/BCP to fail from manufacturer error, though to my understanding, CCH doesn't make condoms.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been reported that Bristol wasn't using birth control? Just because the schools teach abstinence doesn't mean she wasn't taking precautions. We don't know what Sarah Palin taught her daughter in their home and what Bristol took away or didn't from the discussions. Seems like a lot of speculation to blame this pregnancy on an abstinence only sex ed program without knowing all the facts.

What are you saying? Condoms never tear! And the pill is 100% effective! Birth control never ever ever fails!!

Birth control fails all the time (and it can happen whether you're 17 or 37), but that's not what I was talking about. Many of the posts have been blaming the pregnancy on abstinence only sex ed policy in Alaska assuming that's the reason for the pregnancy. For all we know, Bristol knew all about birth control in spite of the abstinence only teaching yet she still got pregnant because nothing works 100% of the time.

logic and reason have no place here!!

watch that first step off the soapbox, junior...

was i actually on a soapbox? really?

Don't worry.

Most people stopped listening to you a long time ago.

So, it's just a private family matter, eh? Then why the hell is the front page of the Seattle Times now showing a slick photo-op with McCain meeting the lucky lad? Asshat hypocrites! "well, since it's out there, how can we manipulate it to favor our platform?"

Abstinence is still the only method with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% track record.

That 0.0% of the population actually uses.

sorry, but you forgot about Gary. not by choice, but nevertheless...

:lmao:

I will vouch for the fact that Gary had a hot girlfriend a few months ago and she was not visibly pregnant.

Back to Rumr's question; "When did you first have sex?"

OK dork, when would you have had sex if any girl had let you within ten feet?

Sex ed has to be more than a film strip in a gym class. The how's n why's have to be taught, re-taught, and postered where they are needed most. Jr high and Highschool. An condoms should be free and couseling for females who might use the pill, IUD's or other forms should be readily available. The alternatives are babies.

So, it's just a private family matter, eh? Then why the hell is the front page of the Seattle Times now showing a slick photo-op with McCain meeting the lucky lad? Asshat hypocrites! "well, since it's out there, how can we manipulate it to favor our platform?"

Dude, how many times do you have to be told that families are off limits? And why are you playing the gender card?

Abstinence is still the only method with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% track record.

I will vouch for the fact that Gary had a hot girlfriend a few months ago and she was not visibly pregnant.

Sex ed has to be more than a film strip in a gym class. The how's n why's have to be taught, re-taught, and postered where they are needed most. Jr high and Highschool. An condoms should be free and couseling for females who might use the pill, IUD's or other forms should be readily available. The alternatives are babies.

More addled thinking and bullshit. There is no fucking silver bullet dude.

And pay for your own kids' fucking contraceptive devices and teach them as YOU will. See how well that works for you - if the message is permissiveness and promiscuity, the results might not be so great.

weak...very weak...

many kids won't do drugs...its a rare kid that fantazises about booze and drugs but not sex...

seems to me, when i was a wee little teen, it (sex) was always on my mind...come to think about it, its still there...and i rarely think about when i'm gonna go get pounded and fucked up...

Booze and drugs lower inhibitions.

And don't sidestep the issue - kids drink, kids drive. We tell them not to, but they do it anyways. We need to teach them how to do it properly, don't you think?

Teach the kids all about condoms, the pill, and a good number will ignore that advice right off the bat. No guy wants to wear a condom - lessens the "feel". And plenty of teenage boys will try to talk a girl into doing it w/o the condom. If the girl is not taught to be assertive in saying no - you know like if you taught abstinence properly, well she will not in this case either.

Then of course there are the girls who get pregnant on purpose. You know, to "hook" the man they "love" and get him to marry them. Or so I've heard. You'll all deny it in your weak pontifications and right-wing bashing nonsense.

And Dru - wherever you pull your 30% stat (out of your ass, I assume) - 20 years old is an adult. Break it down by say pre-16, and 16-17, and leave out the legal adults - 18 and over. :wave:

There are photos on the net that show Bristol Palin and

her friends holding alcohol but so far no drugs. Did her

Mom And Dad know or care that she was a party girl?

Drink-01-june.gif

very well said bug!!! :tup: :TUP: :tup: :TUP: :tup: :TUP: :tup: :TUP: :tup: :TUP: :tup: :TUP: :tup:

Has it been reported that Bristol wasn't using birth control? Just because the schools teach abstinence doesn't mean she wasn't taking precautions. We don't know what Sarah Palin taught her daughter in their home and what Bristol took away or didn't from the discussions. Seems like a lot of speculation to blame this pregnancy on an abstinence only sex ed program without knowing all the facts.

What are you saying? Condoms never tear! And the pill is 100% effective! Birth control never ever ever fails!!

They will tear after three or four uses!!

mccain_600.111.jpg

"One day you're awkwardly humping away in a backseat after the hockey game; the next you're standing next to the presumptive Republican presidential nominee at his party's convention. Only in America!"

Looks like McCain's got 'em a big ole chaw tucked in his cheek...or a giant tumor...or a vestigial twin emerging.

No contraceptive techniques work unless you use them. Abstinence is still the only method with a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% track record.

That's a load of crap. Abstinence does have a 100% track record if used PROPERLY. Just as condoms or BCP are 95%+ effective if used diligently, like 80% if not. If you want higher than 95%, you can do condom plus BCP.

But sex is so tantalizing that people who swear to abstinence can't stick to it -- they break it -- they are not using it properly. So regardless of it being 100% effective if used properly, it's probably only 80% effective overall, because people break their abstinence.

In general, condoms and BCP fail from user error. Waiting too long to put it on, reuse, improper sizing/comes off, forgetting, lack of judgment from drugs/alcohol, past expired date, skipping a pill...

It's quite rare for condoms/BCP to fail from manufacturer error, though to my understanding, CCH doesn't make condoms.

And being Gary Yvnge is 100% effective as birth control, unless you're a goat.

And there again you're probably OK, because Gary likes boy goats.

mccain_600.111.jpg

"One day you're awkwardly humping away in a backseat after the hockey game; the next you're standing next to the presumptive Republican presidential nominee at his party's convention. Only in America!"

This is the best way to get famous!

mccain_600.111.jpg

This is the best way to get famous!

Oh be fair now, this young mans dreams of "I don't want kids" and being a "fuckin redneck" are now shattered because he made the mistake of pulling the goalie.

Wow. Let's mire ourselves in semantics. The chick got knocked up. She isn't running for office. She didn't use abstinence. She had the same result with that contraceptive technique that one would have if they didn't use a rubber, IUD, pill, or shot.

Unless you count having sex as a failure in abstinence.

No matter how convincing the salesman is, secondhand condoms are NEVER a wise choice...

BTW, I have a child because of the pill not being 100%, so.... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I can say I have "super sperm"!! :provoke:

No matter how convincing the salesman is, secondhand condoms are NEVER a wise choice...

BTW, I have a child because of the pill not being 100%, so.... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I can say I have "super sperm"!! :provoke:

You go SUPER SPERM!! Personally, I use radiation poisoning from uranium rods on myself as my 100% fool-proof sperm killer....