palin pregnancy

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's hilarious that the underage daughter of someone who preaches abstinence-only sex-ed is pregnant.

Stupid stuff Bristol Palin has done:

1) Gotten pregnant - Reason: sex is fun

Stupid stuff Gary Yngve has done:

1) Bivied 30' off the ground due to stupidity

2) Got lost walking to Kurt's house - Reason: "the road makes a jog"

3) Very bad dresser

4) Whined all over CC about his Grad School advisor

I don't think there is anything hilarious about teen pregnancy. Lucky, in this case, she has a supportive family.

I agree, there is nothing hilarious about it.

It does illustrate the point, however, that policies that prohibit sex-ed, that rely on 'abstinence vows', that inhibit teen access to contraceptives, may not be the most realistic.

that is the real issue.

1 data point illustrates nothing

Yeah. Good thing there aren't any other pregneant teens in the world.

Good thing that under Republican Presidents the planned parenethood centers have been gutted. BTW, those are the places where pregnancies are PREVENTED through education on contraceptive choices. But hey, this is your day in the sun. Let's pretend your ignorance is not an issue and that Palin's and the Republican party's stand on sex education is not Victorian and that it doesn't lead to more pregnancies and that doesn't lead to MORE ABORTIONS.

You freakin moron.

Good thing that under Republican Presidents the planned parenethood centers have been gutted. BTW, those are the places where pregnancies are PREVENTED through education on contraceptive choices. But hey, this is your day in the sun. Let's pretend your ignorance is not an issue and that Palin's and the Republican party's stand on sex education is not Victorian and that it doesn't lead to more pregnancies and that doesn't lead to MORE ABORTIONS.

You freakin moron.

I went to public school in WA and there were a lotof teen pregnancies. What is your point?

You freakin moron.

and those other pregneant teens are illustrations of what?

A good illustration of how telling kids just say no to sex just doesn't work.

Long term consequences of actions mean nothing to a young kid who wants to fuck.

Palin is a big backer of abstinence is the only method of birth control that anybody is allowed to talk about policy. :tdown:

I don't think there is anything hilarious about teen pregnancy. Lucky, in this case, she has a supportive family.

I agree, there is nothing hilarious about it.

It does illustrate the point, however, that policies that prohibit sex-ed, that rely on 'abstinence vows', that inhibit teen access to contraceptives, may not be the most realistic.

that is the real issue.

ok, so "hilarious" is a poor choice of a word. how about "ironic"?

Which is exactly why the GOP is flying Levi to the convention. Wait, huh?

Yeah, this surprised me why they're doing it now all of a sudden rather than earlier. My guess is they wanted to view peoples' reactions before they decided what to do next. Now they think that giving Levi airtime will be good PR. But until they knew that, he was scum, as far as they were concerned.

A well balanced approach is obviously more valuable for preventing pregnancies.

so you agree then that palin's policy stance on abstince-only education is retarded, yes?

No, not with regards to her beliefs. Effective? No. But then again neither are condoms when you don't put them on and, as evidenced by the rate of teen pregnancies, they arent putting themm on.

From a completely civic point of view, I fail to see how flooding the world with unwanted kids, all in the name of saving a few sacred sperm, is at all beneficial to society.

If religious folks want to preach abstinence, let them, but let's keep it out of government... it's a spiritual issue, not a civic issue.

Palin's kid bein knocked up is nobody's business.

It's a family thing, and has no bearing on qualifications to be a heartbeat away from the presidency for her mom...

d

I agree.....kind of like Bill Clinton getting blow job has no bearing on his responsibilies as being president either.....but if I recall the right wing nut jobs (republicans) jumped all over him and impeached me.