palin pregnancy

Gary_Yngve

Rewind 10 years.

Pretend Chelsea is pregnant.

What does the media and the Republican party do?

Uh huh.

It's national politics and the Repubblicans are the masters of smear. "Blowjobs are forbidden but send 150 thousand soldiers to Iraq for a lie is OK".

Sorry.

She is fodder now. Her mother knew it going into the acceptance speech.

I smell a rat.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly where I was going, but that could be one strategy. The way I see it, the Republican Party needs McCain a little more than McCain needs the party. I was making an assumption that McCain sees so much of his ideals and attitude in Palin that he wanted her as his running mate.

Ya know bug, when candidates speak of change, maybe this is one area where they could start. Yeah, I smell a turd in the woodpile too, and if there is a Desperate Houswives worthy plotline behind Gov. Palin's actions, then expose that. But if it really is just a pregnant daughter, leave her alone. She's got enough to deal with.

I'm curious to see how the ethics investigation in Alaska turns out. I have a cousin who is an attorney with the Alaska AG's office. I was thinking of calling him to see if I could get an unedited report on her.

...maybe McCain has know all along of this latest development...

Yes, I see where you're going... an unwed teenage mother from a small-town would be just the thing to bring in the American people (women, especially) and bring out the negative smear tactics from his opponent. A bold masterstroke. What a maverick!

ROFL!! This post is funny becuase this is exactly what the republicans will try to spin this as.

A bold masterstroke on Mccains part to reach out to the ignorant masses. I'm sorry but the American people but not get suckered into voting for another clown.

Edited by XXX

I think that Palin, if nothing else, put her money where her mouth is. She DIDN'T pressure her daughter to get a hush hush abortion. Shit happens and even the best parents cannot prevent this from happening to their kids. I applaud her for keeping the kid; afterall, it is a perfect example of practicing what you preach. I don't see this as a negative mark on the campaign and that her constituency will see that as well.

I don't see this as a negative mark on the campaign and that her constituency will see that as well.

Come on man, it's just frickin tawdy. How much fucking drama does the white house need?

It's particularly iritating that McCain now sternly warns that children of canidates are "off limits". Not long ago he found it perfectly humorous to crack a joke that went something like "Chelseas so ugly because Janet Reno's her dad". Rich man.

This guy can't make a wise decision to save his ass.

It's all gonna blow when they figure out who the dad is.

Edited by dberdinka

The good news for the GOP is that once the party and the McCain machine is done coaching, briefing, and preparing her, and every Republican in town comes out to support her, she'll owe so many political favors that the only corruption she'll be fighting is figuring out which bastard left the toilet seat up.

The good news for the GOP is that once the party and the McCain machine is done coaching, briefing, and preparing her, and every Republican in town comes out to support her, she'll owe so many political favors that the only corruption she'll be fighting is figuring out which bastard left the toilet seat up.

Dont foget to wipe!

01161401040601030920080901b0a6be8ecf85f3ede100ac71.jpg

Talk about the uber high road:

"I have said before and I will repeat again: People's families are off limits," Obama said. "And people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. So I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18 and how a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn’t be a topic of our politics."

-Barak Obama

Wow. I like it. My mouth is open. Can't find myself personally backing off just yet, but that's me.

Wow. Thats f*ing refreshing after 8 years of Karl Rove (and James Carvelle) attacks on everything that isn't lined up directly behind you.

She DIDN'T pressure her daughter to get a hush hush abortion.

She probably pressured her NOT to. Did the daughter get to choose? Which is worse?

Shit happens and even the best parents cannot prevent this from happening to their kids. I applaud her for keeping the kid; afterall, it is a perfect example of practicing what you preach.

SHE didn't keep the kid. Her daughter did. Remember?

I don't see this as a negative mark on the campaign and that her constituency will see that as well.

Neither do I

The republicans are shitting their pants today. All pleased with themselves for scoring a brief hit with their vp choice only to have it blow up in their faces within 48 hours. One has to have a defective brain to be a republican these days. They're just wrong on everything.

Plus, they're so strange...

The thing is,

this is another example of the hypocrisy coming from the authoritarian right.

They have delusions of superiority based on what they claim are "higher" moral principles and standards. What makes them "authoritarian" is that they want to attempt to enforce their facade of morality on all of us.

Sort of like communists, but actually more like the Taliban.

What makes the right hypocrites is NOT that this girl got pregnant (shit does happen, even to republicans). The hypocrisy is that the traditional response by right wingers to this kind of thing is typically first long winded condemnations and moralizing, rants about "sin" and "out of wedlock.." etc, followed by attempted legislation and electoral candidates promoting things like religion in public schools, no sex ed, no sex counseling, anti choice laws, legal accountability of parents, constitutional definitions of family and marriage etc.

To the religious/political far right, all this is "NOT A PRIVATE MATTER". In fact, it is "a fundamental matter of social and moral values and it is of importance to us all" - or so they would claim.

But then if the "unexpected" happens to one of their own, especially one of their own who is supposed to be a prominent example of the "moral" facade they are attempting build, well then it becomes a "private matter" and of "no significance".

And just the fact that the political right in this country so often tries to sell itself off as the party of "conservative, traditional, God fearing values", tries to make things as black and white as possible, good vs evil, us vs them, man-woman-marriage-kids bla bla.., just the fact that in real life, things that are a little ambiguous and a little complicated often get tossed into the mix with (the right wingers seldom acknowledging it until it happens to them), this alone makes this whole situation hypocritical.