Let the Party Begin!!!!

carolyn

Police Raids Begin

Manhole covers near the Xcel Energy Center have been spot-welded into place, just in case anarchists plan on heaving them through expensive plate-glass windows.

A new $3.4 million network of spy-in-the-sky cameras punctuate downtown corners, allowing officers at St. Paul police headquarters to zoom in on everything via eight video screens in Room 540 -- the same room once used to store supplies left over from Y2K.

St Paul Battened Down...

My Personal favorite quote of the day...

A mobile nuclear detection unit is at the ready, officials say, and the U.S. Coast Guard is set to deploy helicopters that can carry "ready assault forces" trained to drop from the sky to take on hostile threats, said Coast Guard spokesman Thomas Blue.

St Paul ramps up security

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are not going to cancel. That has been made clear (except on cnn, fox, etc). Some attendees may not be present, such as Bush. I prefer they continue on and get it over with.

No, all that high-tech security is in place in case Bush tries to attend! The Repubs won't let him near the state. :laf:

They are not going to cancel. That has been made clear (except on cnn, fox, etc). Some attendees may not be present, such as Bush. I prefer they continue on and get it over with.

No, all that high-tech security is in place in case Bush tries to attend! The Repubs won't let him near the state. :laf:

i think the libtards felt the same way about carter at the circus in denver last week.

I'm looking forward to seeing the abrupt transition the McCain Campaign team is making in its brand from the emphasis on "experience" to that of "reform/change". Let's see which campaign can out-"change" each other and how fast the mainstream media is able to regurgitate it whole. Won't that be fun? :toad:

What about hidden cameras in the mens room? Will Larry Craig be there?

There are 'hidden' cameras on nearly all street corners in both cities. Police Helicopters are constantly overhead, though not nearly as bad as they were in my neighborhood for the critical mass on Friday. There have been many house raids focused on an anarchist group (according to mainstream media), though some have also been on independant reporters. Lots of buses on the highway between mpls/stpaul have been stopped for random searches. All let go in the end, I believe.

From reading both mainstream and indy media it seems as if there is a lot of police intimidation by circling various gatherings with riot gear, whether peaceful 'family' events or potential violent situations.

Should be interesting to hear how today plays out. I will be working all day. Not sure if I want to go down tomorrow. There is some good music playing on the capitol lawn, though.

Carolyn

More like a disgusting display of .....(fill in the blank)

I will try and find the recent press conference by the police.

Just horrible - slashing tires, breaking windows of stores and cars, chaining themselves accross highway exits, burning dumpsters (one pushed onto an occuppied police car), throwing rocks at delagate busses, hospital lockdowns and no public transportation in or out of the city.

An estimated 10,000 people came to PEACEFULLY protest and did so, but it appears at times they were even unsafe due to these other protesters who planted themselves within the group causing violent disruptions, as well as all around the city.

One thing I learned about the bridge collapse out here is that the local news media is MUCH more accurate than the national media. On NPR I heard something like 15 arrests and no real problems. Thirty minutes later on the local news the story is MUCH different, with video to prove it.

I sure wont be going down there tomorrow, as tentatively planned to walk in a peaceful protest and see a concert.

RNC welcoming committee - anarchist site updating from the street

(Im finding most of this information accurate and later coming out in the mainstream media. They tend to leave out the things "they" are doing to provoke some of the police action.

Pioneer Press - St Paul

Newspaper

Mpls paper

wcco

yes, its fox

kstp

What about hidden cameras in the mens room? Will Larry Craig be there?

There are 'hidden' cameras on nearly all street corners in both cities. Police Helicopters are constantly overhead, though not nearly as bad as they were in my neighborhood for the critical mass on Friday. There have been many house raids focused on an anarchist group (according to mainstream media), though some have also been on independant reporters. Lots of buses on the highway between mpls/stpaul have been stopped for random searches. All let go in the end, I believe.

From reading both mainstream and indy media it seems as if there is a lot of police intimidation by circling various gatherings with riot gear, whether peaceful 'family' events or potential violent situations.

Should be interesting to hear how today plays out. I will be working all day. Not sure if I want to go down tomorrow. There is some good music playing on the capitol lawn, though.

Carolyn

Sounds like China to me.

Plays suprise show on the capitol lawn...Authorities will not let them play...

#

Tue, 09/02/2008 - 19:11

UPDATE

cred_rating:

Five

Rage Against the Machine just took 200 people on unpermitted march toward river. They are chanting, "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me." UPDATE now marching with Poor People's March towards Excel Center UPDATE Tons of riot cops heading east on University.

#

Tue, 09/02/2008 - 19:01

Riot Cops surround concert at the capital, refuse to allow Rage Against the Machine to take the stage

cred_rating:

Five

twitter type posts

Here is a disturbing story, if completely true.

Police Brutality

A decent video of yesterdays Poor Peoples March. It should be added that there is also video of the police warning people to back up or they would fire tear gas. The question at hand (because I was not there), but from the conflicting news sources, is if the protesters were actually given an 'exit'. It almost sounds like they got backed into a corner with no where to go even after the warnings.

*deleted* wrong video. Let me try again

Edited by carolyn