Mt. Hood Resort Skiing

JRCO

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pick the wrong ski resorts. There's lots of them in the world, only a select few, mostly in the US, are filled with doucheholes.

Unfortunately the douche has now spilled over to "the backcountry" which every tomdickless and hairypussy is now "slaying". Backcountry now usually meaning some roadside wonder.

Maybe I do pick the wrong resorts...It definitely has not been my experience that only a select few are off the hook shit holes on the weekends. We must really travel different paths since I rarely encounter hordes of "douches" while I am touring.

I give. Your penis is bigger.

For $140 a night, I'd head north to Canada from Seattle. Definitely a longer drive to inland BC, but much better mountains than Hood. If you haven't been Revelstoke, Fernie or Nelson are all awesome.

Classy guy, I would have guessed you for a taker not a giver...

I agree though, from Seattle I would head north or ski local. Mt Hood is not worth the commute or lodging expense. Red Mountain and Schweitzer are two other good resorts to add to Mr. Conway's list.

airfare's a bit more than driving, but the European Alps are always awesome and about the same for food + lift + lodging ((sometimes less, depending) as N. America.

If you are intermediate's who are happy on blues (as you said earlier) you'd be in heaven at any number of places with tons of carving runs and groomed pistes.

If drive time is the most important thing then reducing the crowd at the ski area helps.

Don't go between Christmas and New Years. When you do go pick midweek days to ski.

Past that go to Canada. I've driven by but never skied at Anthony Lakes. It looked like it had some good terrain for in area skiing.

anthony lakes is a very cool place, small with only one lift but lots of terrain if you dont mind earning some turns. Its a long drive from seattle though.

49 degrees north?

Me? I'd head to Nelson.

p.s. My experience of Hood mirrors Iain's. Ever since a patroller went apoplectic on me when I tried skining outbounds at Meadows, I have avoided giving them any of my money. Skibowl is closer to me anyway.

p.s. My experience of Hood mirrors Iain's. Ever since a patroller went apoplectic on me when I tried skining outbounds at Meadows, I have avoided giving them any of my money. Skibowl is closer to me anyway.

I am glad to hear that I am not alone. Ever since the Douchpatrol at meadows threatened to call the Sheriff on me and my buddy for skinning up, I vow I will never give those fuckers any of my money ever again.

No one has said anything when I have skinned up either at ski bowl or Timberline... :grin: