President Palin? WTF?

billcoe

Apparently you did hot read the last paragraph. (Snopes won't copy/paste) It lays proof to the entirety of this lie. Try again.

You're a dumbass. Try and keep up, I'll do it slow: The. last. paragraph. only. refutes. the. claim. that. there. was. a. list. not. that. she. asked. about. how. to. get. books. banned.

You're an uneducated punk who will believe anything that fits his worldview.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you did hot read the last paragraph. (Snopes won't copy/paste) It lays proof to the entirety of this lie. Try again.

You're a dumbass. Try and keep up, I'll do it slow: The. last. paragraph. only. refutes. the. claim. that. there. was. a. list. not. that. she. asked. about. how. to. get. books. banned.

You're an uneducated punk.

So, what Prole is saying is that Mayor Palin asked a hypothetical question about banning books, never actually acted on the information she received, nor named any particular list of books to ban. Assuming all that is actually true - BFD. Damn these guys are really f-ing desperate. :grlaf:

Maybe Palin can help Bellingham secede from the union?

So, what Prole is saying is that Mayor Palin asked a hypothetical question about banning books, never actually acted on the information she received, nor named any particular list of books to ban. Assuming all that is actually true - BFD. Damn these guys are really f-ing desperate. :grlaf:

I'd have to say in that case it's a character issue, and as we know this election is all about character. How's your new group, "Phony Libertarians for Authoritarianism" coming along? Do you have any chants yet? Signature one-liners? Secret handshakes? Salutes?

Edited by prole

Maybe Palin can help Bellingham secede from the union?

ECOTOPIA!!!

Shhhhh.

I'd have to say in that case it's a character issue, and as we know this election is all about character.

Bullshit. You guys are just making shit up and grasping for straws. Twist and burn, Prole!

Do you believe in banning books??? Does it matter what book??? or is it the principle of banning books you believe in?

Hmmm, let's see: I just finished Linden Hills by Gloria Naylor; and did a reread of The Monkey Wrench Gang. When is the last time you looked outside your box?

A thought provoking reading list to be sure...if you've been in a coma the past 20 years, perhaps. :rolleyes:

FW uses less than a handful of stone simple rhetorical devices over, and over, and over. His favorite is FIND THE CHINK, for which he conveniently provides what liberals believe so we don't have to. One you'll never hear from this chickenshit is THIS IS MY THESIS. Why is Palin or McCain good for the country, exactly? He just doesn't have the neural power, balls, or both to come up with a defensible argument, so all you'll here is the kind of standard liberal carping that Rush Limbaugh capitalized on so well over the past 20 years. His driving emotional need? Prove the liberals wrong!!!! for which he provides a 3 year old's understanding of liberal thought so he is guaranteed victory in his own mind.

But FW's history of 'being right' is something completely different. If one had all four limbs removed and had nothing else to do, one could simply track his predictions regarding, say, the Iraq war and quickly realize that this self styled 'free thinker' is nothing more than an tinny amplifier with a blown out speaker for the GOP propoganda. If he ever had an original idea pop out of his barely functioning brainstem, it never made it to this forum.

Now, from the things she's said in the past, I think its possible she might not like anyone to have a choice, and I think that's a very good reason to make sure its not up to her to decide for everyone else.

Whoa, let's not get too hasty here. Like the book banning incident, I'm pretty sure all those statements she's made in the past were purely rhetorical in nature.

Poorole - looks like you are--once again--a victim of that DNC Kool Aid:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

I'm sorry Fairweather, but if you read Prole's statement, it's clear that he understands the facts, that the request has been termed "rhetorical".

What do you think would have happened if the Wasilla Librarian had told Palin, "sure, we can do that, we just pull them off the shelves and throw them away"? Librarians have a long standing devotion to academic freedom, so Palin's exploration of how to go about removing books met with resistance and refusal. The quotes in your Snopes citation do not reflect an innocent "what is your policy" type query but are geared towards an exploration of how to take action. The actual question, "What would be your response if I asked you to remove some books from the collection" could be construed as either a test of subservient obedience or a trial balloon for a future request, but it sure didn't sound like a request for clarification on existing library policy regarding patron complaints about items in the collection.

If Barack Obama asked Dick Cheney "what would be your response if I asked you to remove Jews from the executive branch of government" would you be content with the disclaimer that it was merely rhetorical in nature, "simply a policy discussion with a department head about understanding and following administration agendas"? (the latter quote is attributed to Mayor Palin as an attempt to diffuse the furor over her censorship question in your Snopes citation)

That's what I mean about not needing to inflate or stretch Palin's flaws, what she has in fact done and said is quite creepy enough and doesn't need crafty lies like the ones your side is putting forth about Barack Obama being a secret muslim, a vehement racist, or the anti-christ come as prophesied. I'm quite content to leave that sort of blatant lying crap to the spiritual offspring of Lee Atwater (who mentored Karl Rove, who trained McCain's handler Steve Schmidt) who made it standard Republican operating procedure.

Yes, there are some slimy untrue exaggerations and outright slander circulating about Sarah Palin, but I think it pales in comparison to the things done to this years Republican nominee by his own party back in 2000. Remember all that stuff about McCain and his illegitimate black child that was trotted out in the South Carolina primary? Lies, all lies, but now some of the same folks are trying to work their magic for him, and I don't hear him issuing any refutation of the evil bullshit that's shoring up his corrupt "straight talk express". Here's a link to an article about that primary.

Remember all that stuff about McCain and his illegitimate black child that was trotted out in the South Carolina primary? Lies, all lies, but now some of the same folks are trying to work their magic for him, and I don't hear him issuing any refutation of the evil bullshit that's shoring up his corrupt "straight talk express".

Unfortunately Obama's caught in that same issue, though in my opinion not as evil, because of the Clintons' about-face.

Do you believe in banning books??? Does it matter what book??? or is it the principle of banning books you believe in?

Hmmm, let's see: I just finished Linden Hills by Gloria Naylor; and did a reread of The Monkey Wrench Gang. When is the last time you looked outside your box?

A thought provoking reading list to be sure...if you've been in a coma the past 20 years, perhaps. :rolleyes:

FW uses less than a handful of stone simple rhetorical devices over, and over, and over. His favorite is FIND THE CHINK, for which he conveniently provides what liberals believe so we don't have to. One you'll never hear from this chickenshit is THIS IS MY THESIS. Why is Palin or McCain good for the country, exactly? He just doesn't have the neural power, balls, or both to come up with a defensible argument, so all you'll here is the kind of standard liberal carping that Rush Limbaugh capitalized on so well over the past 20 years. His driving emotional need? Prove the liberals wrong!!!! for which he provides a 3 year old's understanding of liberal thought so he is guaranteed victory in his own mind.

But FW's history of 'being right' is something completely different. If one had all four limbs removed and had nothing else to do, one could simply track his predictions regarding, say, the Iraq war and quickly realize that this self styled 'free thinker' is nothing more than an tinny amplifier with a blown out speaker for the GOP propoganda. If he ever had an original idea pop out of his barely functioning brainstem, it never made it to this forum.

Absolutely scathing. :rolleyes: I suppose if you were better read you might even put together a rebuke worthy of your 10th grade Catholic education. Sister Catherine must have left deep scars--so traumatic you eventually found yourself placed in that small minority of St. John's Prep kids designated early on as not college-bound. Is this why you developed eating problems? Is she partly responsible for your Asperger's?

Pssst: I tried to help you out with the spelling (again). I didn't bother with the structure/syntax--which was just awful. Note the bold print, make the necessary corrections, then turn it back in. I'll give you half-credit. Fatass.

Now, from the things she's said in the past, I think its possible she might not like anyone to have a choice, and I think that's a very good reason to make sure its not up to her to decide for everyone else.

Whoa, let's not get too hasty here. Like the book banning incident, I'm pretty sure all those statements she's made in the past were purely rhetorical in nature.

Poorole - looks like you are--once again--a victim of that DNC Kool Aid:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp

I'm sorry Fairweather, but if you read Prole's statement, it's clear that he understands the facts, that the request has been termed "rhetorical".

What do you think would have happened if the Wasilla Librarian had told Palin, "sure, we can do that, we just pull them off the shelves and throw them away"? Librarians have a long standing devotion to academic freedom, so Palin's exploration of how to go about removing books met with resistance and refusal. The quotes in your Snopes citation do not reflect an innocent "what is your policy" type query but are geared towards an exploration of how to take action. The actual question, "What would be your response if I asked you to remove some books from the collection" could be construed as either a test of subservient obedience or a trial balloon for a future request, but it sure didn't sound like a request for clarification on existing library policy regarding patron complaints about items in the collection.

If Barack Obama asked Dick Cheney "what would be your response if I asked you to remove Jews from the executive branch of government" would you be content with the disclaimer that it was merely rhetorical in nature, "simply a policy discussion with a department head about understanding and following administration agendas"? (the latter quote is attributed to Mayor Palin as an attempt to diffuse the furor over her censorship question in your Snopes citation)

That's what I mean about not needing to inflate or stretch Palin's flaws, what she has in fact done and said is quite creepy enough and doesn't need crafty lies like the ones your side is putting forth about Barack Obama being a secret muslim, a vehement racist, or the anti-christ come as prophesied. I'm quite content to leave that sort of blatant lying crap to the spiritual offspring of Lee Atwater (who mentored Karl Rove, who trained McCain's handler Steve Schmidt) who made it standard Republican operating procedure.

Yes, there are some slimy untrue exaggerations and outright slander circulating about Sarah Palin, but I think it pales in comparison to the things done to this years Republican nominee by his own party back in 2000. Remember all that stuff about McCain and his illegitimate black child that was trotted out in the South Carolina primary? Lies, all lies, but now some of the same folks are trying to work their magic for him, and I don't hear him issuing any refutation of the evil bullshit that's shoring up his corrupt "straight talk express". Here's a link to an article about that primary.

C'mon, Off. You're not still mad about the misogyny comment are you?

Sen. Barack Obama said yesterday that Sen. John McCain's claim that he will shake up Washington after agreeing with President Bush for so long is like "putting lipstick on a pig" -- a common colloquialism that Obama has used for years, and one that even some Republicans have been known to say. But to the McCain campaign, it was an example of unbridled sexism clearly aimed at Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

"Senator Obama uttered what I can only describe to be disgusting comments, comparing our vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, to a pig," former Massachusetts governor Jane Swift declared in a conference call with reporters.--from Washington Post 9/9/08

With these comments, the Republican Party has turned the 2008 election into a complete and utter farce. It's sickening really that these people are so personally wealthy and ideologically debased that they can, without a thought turn what should be a sober reflection on the state of the nation and serious debate about our collective future into a fucking Marx Brothers film. A downright criminal dereliction of duty really, when you consider the problems we are faced with.

Sounds like O better be more careful. Aren't eggshells fun?

Then again, at some point you have to ask yourself "is any of this really worth saving". I think a lot of people will be asking this question about the US if enough Americans and the electoral college fall for this two-bit junk show.