President Palin? WTF?

billcoe

Hey, just maybe the Republican party picked her because they new she had family issues that once were out in the media could be used as evidence of how low the Democratic Party (who controls all media except Fox News) are. Thus gauranteeing the the sympathy vote for their ticket. Brilliant.

Considering the McCain campaign's contention that they knew about Bristol's pregnancy before Palin was announced, I'd say we could use some stronger language here than "hey, just maybe...". I'm thinking something along the lines of "duh".

Edited by prole

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see if it works.

Palin was saying, just a few short months ago, that Hilary should suck it up and stop complaining about being a victim of sexism in the media, and McCain called Hilary's healthcare plan "a pig that is still a pig" if you put lipstick on it. Now, in their first introduction of Palin they have her entire family on stage and she tells how proud she is of her oldest son going to Iraq and how her keeping a downs baby shows her family values - but nobody is supposed to talk about her pregnant teenage daughter? Obama is not supposed to use the same phrase McCain did?

Is this really going to work?

I'm surprised that American women are giving a boost to McCain in the wake of the Sarah Palin nomination. Then again, after what I've seen on MTV's The Hills, I'm not very impressed with American women.

(The opinions expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Barack Obama, the Democratic Party, the American Left, secular humanism, or the Enlightenment)

"I answered him 'yes' because I have the confidence in that readiness and knowing that you can't blink, you have to be wired in a way of being so committed to the mission, the mission that we're on, reform of this country and victory in the war, you can't blink. So I didn't blink then even when asked to run as his running mate," said the 44-year-old Palin, a governor who has been in office less than two years.

by this qualification, my cat is ready to be president

I am under 45 years old, I love the outdoors, I hunt, I am a Republican reformer. I have taken on the Republican Party establishment, I have many children, I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's office.

I am Theodore Roosevelt, in 1900 (ironically, the Bull Moose)

I am under 45 years old, I love the outdoors, I hunt, I am a Republican reformer...

Mmmm...I just wuv the outdoors too! I wuv it soooo much! I just want to wuv it and hold it and squeeze it. Sometimes I just want to wuv and squeeze it so hard that its its head explodes and I kill it and I'm just standing there with its dead body in my arms and I'm covered in its blood and oil. That's how much I wuv the outdoors! I'm Sarah Palin and I endorsed this message.

"THE TRUE AXIS OF EVIL IS THE "AMERICAN MEDIA",IT SOLD US BUSH!!!"BILL MAHER

IF IT CAN SELL US THAT, EASILY IT CAN SELL US PALIN/MC'CAIN ...

THIS ELECTION IS GOVERNED BY THE MEDIA. ITS OWNERS ARE PRO SHIT AND THEY NEED A PRO SHIT TICKET...

NO CHANGE : OF ISRAELI POLICY,IRAQ POLICY,IRAN POLICY OR RUSSIA POLICY... WE NEED THOSE WARS DAMMIT!!

YOU WANT MORE OF THE SAME, VOTE MC'CAIN.......

CHICAGO (AFP) - Republican vice presidential pick Sarah Palin faced accusations Sunday of handing jobs to friends while serving as Alaska state governor, as the presidential campaign grew increasingly negative.

ADVERTISEMENT

The New York Times reported that Palin had given the 95,000-dollar-a-year directorship of the state division of agriculture to a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, who cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the agency.

Havemeister was one of at least five schoolmates Palin hired, often at salaries far exceeding their private sector wages, the paper noted in an investigative report.

"Throughout her political career, she has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance, according to a review of public records and interviews with 60 Republican and Democratic legislators and local officials," The Times wrote.

The paper said that its investigation had shown that in Alaska, Palin was running an administration that "puts a premium on loyalty and secrecy."

According to the findings, the governor and her top aides sometimes use personal e-mail accounts for state business, and dozens of e-mails obtained by The Times showed that her staff members studied whether that could allow them to beat subpoenas seeking public records.

CHICAGO (AFP) - Republican vice presidential pick Sarah Palin faced accusations Sunday of handing jobs to friends while serving as Alaska state governor, as the presidential campaign grew increasingly negative.

ADVERTISEMENT

The New York Times reported that Palin had given the 95,000-dollar-a-year directorship of the state division of agriculture to a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, who cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the agency.

Havemeister was one of at least five schoolmates Palin hired, often at salaries far exceeding their private sector wages, the paper noted in an investigative report.

"Throughout her political career, she has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance, according to a review of public records and interviews with 60 Republican and Democratic legislators and local officials," The Times wrote.

The paper said that its investigation had shown that in Alaska, Palin was running an administration that "puts a premium on loyalty and secrecy."

According to the findings, the governor and her top aides sometimes use personal e-mail accounts for state business, and dozens of e-mails obtained by The Times showed that her staff members studied whether that could allow them to beat subpoenas seeking public records.

Given these revelations plus Palin's energy "experience", I'm sure we're all looking forward to more Enrons and more closed-door energy policy "deliberations".