President Palin? WTF?

billcoe

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the hard-hitting Good Morning America-types granted access to Palin will be too busy talking about moose-burgers, her winning free-throw in the state championships, and her PTA experience to ask such questions. Much less asking what could be more cynical than using your knocked-up daughter to get elected.

Edited by prole

Not too hard to understand why mccain won't let her speak to the media!

Yeah, she did "misspeak" about Freddie and Fannie this weekend. She is said to be a hard worker and is studying real hard, but she's got a lot to catch up on real quick if she calls "being in charge of the Alaska National Guard" leadership experience, isn't sure that global warming is caused by humans, and doesn't know that we are now talking about publicly bailing out formerly private sector Fannie and Freddie.

Well, one week since picking Palin as the VP, the polls are now dead even. Looks like McCain makes great political decisions. Too bad he isn't Obama's campaign manager.

Seriously, McCain has been talking for so long about Obama's experience, yet picks this governor from nowhere. She has spent two years looking over the affairs of a state that is so far removed from the rest of America that her husband wants it to succeed from the union. How the hell can anyone think that she could possibly be in touch with the American people? Where has she been? Germany and Kuwait to visit members of the Alaska National Guard. Serious foreign policy experience there. Good enough for my Commander in Chief.

Does she even know where Iraq is on a map? I really look forward to her responses to tough questions in the debates (hopefully the formats will be more free-wheeling than usual, but I doubt it). But dont expect her do any interviews with real journalists until the campaign has finished her programming.

And how the hell can he justify the claim that she is a reformer, when she obviously makes decisions on behalf of oil companies?

As mayor of Wasilla, she vigorously pursued earmarks, something McCain supposedly has a war on.

from wikipedia:

She also hired the Anchorage-based lobbying firm of Robertson, Monagle & Eastaugh to lobby for earmarks for Wasilla. The effort was led by Steven Silver, a former chief of staff for Senator Ted Stevens,[35] and it secured nearly $27 million in earmarked funds. The earmarks included $500,000 for a youth shelter, $1.9 million for a transportation hub, $900,000 for sewer repairs, and $15 million for a rail project linking Wasilla and the ski resort community of Girdwood.[36] Some of the earmarks were criticized by Senator McCain.[37]

TO put that $27 million in perspective, there are 7,000 residents in Wasilla. That breaks down to getting $3857 per resident. And I'm guessing half of them are children that pay no taxes. That's quite a stimulus package! She wanted $15M for a rail line for a rich resort community but opposed increasing the size/funding of the local museum and library. But then again, she also tried to ban books in that library, so maybe there is more room on the shelves.

But she does know how to get things done. Whenever her agenda is blocked by a dissenting member under her command, they are immediately dismissed and replaced by yes-men/women.

Another hypocrite if you ask me. She talks about reforming and ethics in one arena, but then carves out her own kingdom where apparently "ethics" and oversight have no place. I think she is simply a brilliant politician. The anti-Obama.

When McCain wins and then dies after a year in office, we will be begging to have Bush back. Its really a sad state of affairs that enough of the American people can be so easily manipulated to vote for people like Bush, Palin, Nixon, etc.

8 years ago, I did have a lot of respect for McCain. He really stuck to his principles. His time enduring torture and captivity clearly show that. But since his grooming for presidential candidate, he has compromised so much of his beliefs. I think he has now truly become a politician. OF course, so is Obama. Otherwise, neither would have been nominated. The difference is that Obama's political decisions usually coincide with his beliefs and have some practical and forward thinking wisdom behind them. McCain is the flip-flopper of this election.

Forcing, oh wait, 'supporting' her daughter's decision to have a child and get married at 17 just because she's running for VP. Truly one of America's HEROES.

Any parent who really gave a shit about the daughter would counsel her otherwise, but hey, in a Land of Heroes, that's just one curmudgeon's opinion.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Things Sarah Palin and A Pit Bull Have in Common

Both:

o Look confused when asked questions.

o Like to poop on the environment.

o Are good at following the commands of their handlers.

o Remain quiet on the birth control issue.

o Have extensive foreign policy experience.

My prediction - McCain/Palin will win the election because if there's one thing Democrast are good at it's loosing elections to retards.

I totally agree:

Troopergate

Book Banning

Drilling ANWR

Anti-Abortionist Abstinence Preachers with Teenage Mothers for Daughters

Alaska Secessionism

21st Century Christian Crusades

The scary thing is, these are the kind of things that usually get Republicans elected!

You forgot

becoming mayor of Wasilla, town had no debt, six years later after her 2 terms=20+ million in debt, town population at the time around 5000

building a sports arena in Wasilla (pop 5000), cost 15 million dollars, if that's not bad enough, it was built on land the city didn't own

supporting the "bridge to nowhere" until she saw it was unpopular, then said "thanks but no thanks"--AK had already received $223 million from Congress for the project--which AK did not return

getting pregnant late in her reproductive life, when chances of birth defects are so much higher

Yeah, Caribou Barbie for Veep, great idea. :rolleyes:

getting pregnant late in her reproductive life, when chances of birth defects are so much higher

Not really your business, is it? Ahhh, the hypocrisy of our resident feminist. :rolleyes:Please run with this one! It's a real winner for your guy! :tup:

Yeah, The Incubator's judgement, which is poor, is our business, and the birth defect statement is medically right on the money.

As for any statement being a 'winner for our guy', I hardly think this forum, read by about 10 people total who've already got their politics hardwired in, makes that anything other than a moron's rant.

Edited by tvashtarkatena