President Palin? WTF?

billcoe

Well, the vps tend to get screwed. They usually (with a few exceptions) sit around and do very little once elected. So their main function and prime importance is to replace the President in the case that they die or are incapacitated.

Now Obama, he's a strong young man. (Talking statistics here). If some jackass doesn't try and off him (I'm praying this never happens to any elected official), will live for many many years. Ask any actuary. True.

Now McCain, the opposite is true. He's much closer to the legal limit where his lights will naturally turn off for ever.

So as far as we, the voters are concerned, we can almost give Obama a pass on the VP pick, yet MUST take McCains very very seriously: as that person will much more likely become the president.

When I glance at the picks, I know that Biden would be an excellent President. I can get into the why, however, it's very obvious he has the credentials and anyone who's paid attention knows this and has known it for years. Palin, on the other hand, does not. In fact, the only time I've heard of her was when she was charged with the fairly recent scandle of getting the relative tossed off the state police force.

So to me, Obama has shown much better judgment in this arena than McCain. Perhaps I will learn about Palin and change my opinion.

My question is this: is she ready to step in and become the president? Harry Truman was widely thought to be a small time operator and political hack, yet in many minds was a very good President. So I don't know. It does seem like poor judgment on McCains part to pick her. That was the best he could do? There is NO one more qualified than her Can anyone lay that down? Can anyone here explain why she was a good pick for the country.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The choice is clear now..

On one side you have a team of two distinguished, articulate, bright and intelligent people with the vision and the plans to take a nation into the future, improve the lives of the vast majority of its citizenry and restore its standing in the world.

On the other side you have a very old man, and (well, not to be crass, but frankly speaking) a MILF FROM ALASKA! :lmao: - with plans to, keep a nation stuck in politics as usual, make its rich richer, make its middle class and poor poorer, degrade the environment, kill more of its troops to protect corporate interests, dare the rest of the world to stand up to it all, and likely in the end, simply lie about it.

I for one will NOT underestimate our nations collective decision making abilities by predicting that 'merikins will once again rise to the occasion and go for the old man and the milf.

So therefore I shall abstain from such a prediction at this time.

Put money on it though

The choice is clear now..

On one side you have a team of two distinguished, articulate, bright and intelligent people with the vision and the plans to take a nation into the future, improve the lives of the vast majority of its citizenry and restore its standing in the world.

On the other side you have a very old man, and (well, not to be crass, but frankly speaking) a MILF FROM ALASKA! :lmao: - with plans to, keep a nation stuck in politics as usual, make its rich richer, make its middle class and poor poorer, degrade the environment, kill more of its troops to protect corporate interests, dare the rest of the world to stand up to it all, and likely in the end, simply lie about it.

I for one will NOT underestimate our nations collective decision making abilities by predicting that 'merikins will once again rise to the occasion and go for the old man and the milf.

So therefore I shall abstain from such a prediction at this time.

Put money on it though

Biden is an "old man" as well folks. :rolleyes:

4 of the forty-two men who have been president up until today have been assassinated in this "civilized" nation. Nearly ten percent. Four more have faced strong attempts.

the same number have died in office of natural causes (4), and depending on how you want to look at it, many more probably died prematurely (within a few years) after leaving office, likely do to the stresses involved in the job (wilson and lbj surely qualify)

4 of the forty-two men who have been president up until today have been assassinated in this "civilized" nation. Nearly ten percent. Four more have faced strong attempts.

the same number have died in office of natural causes (4), and depending on how you want to look at it, many more probably died prematurely (within a few years) after leaving office, likely do to the stresses involved in the job (wilson and lbj surely qualify)

Bill Clinton too. Man, that guy is aging fast. Hillary still looks pretty good for her age. I wonder what 4, or even eight years at the helm would do to her. I guess we'll never know. :brew::lmao:

My (least) favorite "died in office" is Harrison. What kind of arrogant fuck gives a four-hour long inauguration speech in a downpour?

Edited by Fairweather

10% is a 3 orders of magnitude higher murder rate than the national average (.01%), as are the attempts. It should come as no surprise that the most famous and powerful office should be present a target for a large body of the would be instantly famous.

Bill Clinton too. Man, that guy is aging fast. Hillary still looks pretty good for her age. I wonder what 4, or even eight years at the helm would do to her. I guess we'll never know. :brew::lmao:

My (least) favorite "died in office" is Harrison. What kind of arrogant fuck gives a four-hour long inauguration speech in a downpour?

Look at the "before" and "after" photo of just about any recent president and the profound effect of the office is obvious. They age way more than the 4 or 8 years in office. Carter, Clinton, and W all come to mind.

Reagan looked pretty much the same but he was old to begin with and dyed his hair. :)

Well, the vps tend to get screwed. They usually (with a few exceptions) sit around and do very little once elected. So their main function and prime importance is to replace the President in the case that they die or are incapacitated.

Not true. You seem to make the office of VP seem smaller than it really is.

As designated by the Constitution of the United States, the vice president also serves as the President of the Senate, and may break tie votes in that chamber. He or she may be assigned additional duties by the president but, as the Constitution assigns no executive powers to the vice president, in performing such duties he or she acts only as an agent of the president.

So, it is really a full time job after all..