Ropeup 2008 Oct 10-12

olyclimber

Plan ahead for full closure of eastbound US 2 near Everett on Friday

Drivers must take alternate routes to avoid nearly 20-mile detour

EVERETT – Weather permitting, crews will completely close eastbound US 2 between I-5 and SR 204 overnight on Friday, Oct. 10 while they restripe the eastbound trestle. During the closure, crews will remove more than two miles of striping and restripe the trestle to create two lanes of traffic and a wider, 14-foot right shoulder. Drivers should prepare for a long detour and add extra time for their trips.

“We need drivers to plan ahead for this weekend’s full closure of US 2 and stay tuned as we get ready to make changes to the way eastbound traffic moves across the trestle.” said Mark Leth, Regional Traffic Engineer.

Crews will start closing the on-ramps from both directions of I-5 to eastbound US 2 at 9:30 p.m. on Friday and will fully close the eastbound trestle at midnight. They will reopen one lane and the on-ramp from northbound I-5 at 7 a.m. Saturday. At noon, crews will open all lanes, including the southbound I-5 and Hewitt Avenue ramps to eastbound US 2.

To avoid a nearly 20-mile detour during the closure, northbound I-5 drivers headed to the east end of the trestle must take SR 96 (128th St) in Mill Creek and southbound I-5 drivers headed to the east end of the trestle must should take SR 528 (4th St) in Marysville and connect with SR 9.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything you got to cure a hang over on Sunday morning! ;)

I'd shoot for sunrise on Saturday and an hour later on Saturday!

I love eggs and bacon myself if you're offering. Would be glad to chip in to pay for supplies.

Hang over cures - a Norseman's remedy, crack an egg in a beer!

I can whip up an egg dish or two.

Just made a run to Costco. The provisions for Saturday night:

5 - 3.5 lb (14 count) Costco Sinai Kosher dogs

1 - 6 lbs sirloin beef patties

1 - 4 lbs of turkey burgers

1 - big package of Tillimook sliced cheese for the patties

buns for all of above

1 Costco picnic pack of 2 ketchup/1 mustard/1 relish

For Sunday morning (we can use one for Saturday morning if someone feels like whipping it up):

2 80 portion bag of pancake mix

4 quarts of syrup

1 big package of bacon

A package of butter

1 big bag of drip ground coffee

So bring some food to add to this.

Also, very important!! Please bring something to cook this stuff with! That includes coleman stoves if you have them, and pots and pans.

Last year some people boiled the dogs, and that worked out pretty damn well.

If you want eat the above, be there at 5:30 or 6 Saturday night. Thats around when we'll commmence to eat'n.

Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 30. North wind around 6 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 59. Light north wind.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind between 3 and 6 mph.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 59.

oh yeah...forgot...6 lb can of chili

BTW, Sol let me know tonight that unfortunately he can't make the slide show (he'll be there Friday night, but not Saturday).

So that leaves us with Kit Lewis and Blake showing...and then whomever else has something to show. If you have something good you want to fill Sol's spot with, then PM me.

Thanks!

Do I get a prize for being the first to post a post rope up comment here? It was fun meeting people, you all know how to party right. There was even sun and and a bit of climbing too. And moonshine in the moonlight under classic crack. Thanks to the people who set the whole thing up.

I'm hanging out in Lworth for a few days more. Does anyone know anywhere around here where someone can camp for free and not have to be in stealth mode (a fire would be nice). PM me if you know a place and don't want to tell the world. Thanks in advance.

The good weather resulting in a great turn out this year! Lots of people to thank...

Kit Lewis for showing us the old pictures and old climbing movie, if you missed this, you missed out. There was some cool old photos there!

Blake for his great slide show. Great pictures Blake, and thanks for this year *and* last year.

Tvash for his movie/slideshow.

Huge thanks to Tokogirl and Homefires Bakery for coffee and baked goods both mornings! What a difference that made! I believe Homefires is run by a CC.com poster's wife, so next time you are there, stop in!

Thanks to Sol for coffee Saturday morning. Unfortunately I still have your coffee maker!!!

Thanks to Ketch for being the A/V guy. When Ketch is there, I don't have to worry about that A/V stuff at all...he's the A/V God.

Thanks Carl for letting us use your laptop!

Thanks to Jim Nelson for helping me get Kit to come out and show slides.

Thanks to all that stuck around to clean up afterwards.

lastly thanks to everyone who showed up and help kill those kegs. i'm proud of you. Nice to meet a few more of you too!

some pictures tomorrow.