• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Ropeup 2008 Oct 10-12

If Rob's coming, it's gonna rain for sure. Now we're ALL jinxed. :cry:

Edited by Sherri

Done! I'll bring the Quik-Shade, just in case of rain...

Dude! Don't say the 'r' word!! :anger::tdown:

D00d, by having the canopy (ergo, prepared for rain), ipso facto guarantees that it won't rain.

It only rains when you're not prepared for it.

So I'd like to get a rough headcount so I know how much food to bring up for Saturday night and how much beer to get.

Post if you're coming and how many will be coming up with you. I don't need to know that you're not coming, thanks!

Slideshow will be on Saturday night, but I'll be up on Friday night with the beer.

I'll be there, +1.

Of course, it's highly possible that my car will burst into flames on the way there, or I will be injured in a bizarre blimp accident, so I'm not promising anything.

If it's not cold and rainy, I'll be there with bells on. Don't worry about including me in the head count, though; I don't do beer or weenies.

And I'm not sitting next to Rob. :whistle:

I'll be there, Friday night for beer through Sunday afternoon/evening. I'll be sitting with Sherri. :)

Chumstick Snag, eh? Still haven't touched the top of that one. When I went in to do it about 9 or 10 years ago, I thought it was supposed to go free. I couldn't figger it out...

The Snag is cool, but not rally anything special but a lark and access crosses private and gated property. But the Pinnacles and a good choice if it is dreary in the canyons.

Yah, when we went in, we checked in with, and got permission from, the guy who's got the howitzer in his front yard. He indicated that "a lot" of people visit Chumstick. This was before cc.com came online. I guess it must be you who he indicated was "a lawyer friend of his" that comes by every so often to climb it.

Nope. I've only been there once and haven't felt the need to go back. There is so much to do in the Leavenworth area...

I just wanna get to the top... just once. The pic in FB's Challenge of the North Cascades is stuck in my mind. It's what drove me to find the Snag in the first place.

I'll be there Sat-Sun. Looking for running partners for the snow lakes-colchuck lake loop run on Sunday. Willing to climb with newbies on Saturday on easy stuff (Midway, Groundhogs Day, Saber, R+D, etc).

For the slideshow on Saturday night:

1. Blake showing slides of the new routes he has put up this year

2. Sol showing slides of new routes in the Enchantments

3. I have one other guy that I'm waiting to see if he'll get back to me.

4. After that we can have it open so you all can show slides if you want.

I'll be there, plus my roommate, plus my climbing partner David.

Dan - if the weather is bad, I'll be more than happy to do that loop with you.

Dan - if the weather is bad, I'll be more than happy to do that loop with you.

Sounds good, looking forward to meeting everyone.

i will be there and drink for 3.

will bring 1, possibly more. Enchants through hike/run def. appeals if weather marginal. extra purty up there this time of year.

porter, if there's time i might put in a few pics...

Sobo I'll climb the snag with you. I've never been to that crag.

It'll be just me there as of right now. Things change occasionally though.

Still looking for folks to bring some firewood. If you have some in the Seattle area I can bring some up in my truck.

Sign in to follow this