Obama's Speech

prole

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us refer to it as the speech of 32 thank yews. That is how many times I counted "Thank You" or Thank You very much" at the start of it.

Man, global warming has hit Denver hard last few days. Lot of hot air. Next up, turning the land of 10,000 lakes in the land of 10,000 hot tubs.

no because he is black. and dumb cunts like FW won't vote for a black guy. and fw is too big piece of a shit to say it out loud.

That's a pretty fuc*ed up thing to say Bob: rude as hell and a DAMN lie. FW has been consistent on his attitudes, he will not vote for a LIBERAL of any color, gender, race or creed. So he won't be voting for Hillary anytime soon either, but not because she wears a dress.

While saying many of the same things that politicians always say in such speeches, Obama successfully changed the tone and focus substantively, and came off sounding pretty different from your typical major-party candidate.

will he win because of that? guess we'll see.

as an exercise in rhetorical skill, however, mccain will be hard pressed to top it, or even to come close. it was a great speech, after a week of pretty good speeches.

I thought it was pretty well done. His speech and that from Bill Clinton the night before did a pretty good job of presenting what the Obama campaign stands for and why we should vote for him. It should play well against the McCain message that the Democrats are weak on defense and they want more government" but we shall see.

Despite Fairweather's assertion that Republican voters are more grounded in reality, the big lies have come from the Republicans lately and I think we're going to see a lot more swift boating and on issues like healthcare we are going to see the same old lies hammered home so that voters believe them. At this point, with the war on terror and the economy and environmental trends being what they are, who has the incentive to lie to voters?

I hope Obama can stick to his message and stay out of a dogfight with McCain while being clear about what their differences really are. I thought he did a fairly good job of that last night.

Who is the muslim?

Joke:

* A humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter

* Something not said seriously, or not actually meant; something done in sport.

Anything else you need just ask.

Now, how about a Hottie Muslim WOMAN for McCains cabinet, like Condolisa???? (Kevin, refer to upper statement for reference:-) :lmao:

Edited by billcoe

no because he is black. and dumb cunts like FW won't vote for a black guy. and fw is too big piece of a shit to say it out loud.

That's a pretty fuc*ed up thing to say Bob: rude as hell and a DAMN lie. FW has been consistent on his attitudes, he will not vote for a LIBERAL of any color, gender, race or creed. So he won't be voting for Hillary anytime soon either, but not because she wears a dress.

All par for the course from ggk.