Peter_Puget

Who will be our next VP  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next VP

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The disenfranchised Hillary set is really going to flock to a militant pro-life, NRAtard, polar bear killing driller like Palin . . . Good choice John.

"Tard" might be a bit inappropriate.

Just a play on 'libtard'. At least the GOP can still hammer the experience issue. Oh wait a minute . . .

NPR reports that she's been known for her tough stance on political corruption. Mebbe McCain thinks she can help him push through his campaign financing reform efforts.

"...Palin was elected Governor of Alaska in 2006 on the theme of governmental reform, defeating incumbent governor Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary and former Democratic Alaskan governor Tony Knowles in the general election. She gained attention for publicizing ethical violations by state Republican Party leaders...[2]"

source

Seems like she doesn't give a shit on which side of the aisle you sit. Good for her!

Any of you cats see her speaking on tv? Not too shabby.

So Husband's family were/are? fishermen, husband's now a steelworker, she is an ex beauty queen and basketball player. One child has down syndrom and another is going off to Iraq shortly. (As an aside I wonder how often Biden will now be bringing up his son who is going as part of the Judge Advocates Office)

Regarding Palin:

1) Clearly it's a Machiavellian pick. Except our modern politicians seem to be pretty poor students of him, excepting maybe Clinton.

2) Anytime you pick a person based on race, sex, etc first, and that's what was done here, it's not right, and often a very bad idea.

3) Obama, the "agent for change" picked a "safe" VP - an experienced white male. He didn't shake anything up. The R's had a lot of freedom for their VP pick thanks to that, and they went and decided to throw a "hail mary"?

4) Obama, no experience, so pick an R VP with almost no experience? She's less experienced than BHO.

5) McCain is 72. He could drop dead in a year or two. Can this lady actually step in as president?

6) I think McCain can hold his own against BHO in the debates, but Biden is gonna have a field day, isn't he?

I don't know this lady, haven't heard her speak, or anything. Guess we'll see, but those are my initial reactions.

Any of you cats see her speaking on tv? Not too shabby.

So Husband's family were/are? fishermen, husband's now a steelworker, she is an ex beauty queen and basketball player. One child has down syndrom and another is going off to Iraq shortly. (As an aside I wonder how often Biden will now be bringing up his son who is going as part of the Judge Advocates Office)

We'll see PP. You may be buying your friend a beer...