LS nuptse sizing

goldenchild

I'm thinking about purchasing the Nuptse online since they don't sell them locally and would like to get the sizing bang on .

I weara LS Nepal EVO GTX 42.5 or a 43 if I want to add a little more space in front for a thicker sock or heavier insole. Should I be considering the same sizing for the Nuptse? If it makes a difference, I'm considering getting the Intuition Liners for the Nuptses

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear the same size in all La Sportiva boots including the Nuptse's. One thing to keep in mind is that the toe box is tight... very tight. I tried on many pairs and found that no matter what size you get your toes will be pinched a bit. Also, I've read that the Nuptse liners are not meant to be replaced with intuitions... not that that means you can't or shouldn't, just what I heard.

Maybe its not as much of a problem as I thought here's a link about it http://www.alaskamountaineering.com/Product.cfm?id=156 . As far as the altitude issue, I guess it depends on how much your feet swell. I've never had my feet swell much at altitude so I don't factor that in much, my buddy however has his feet go up a full size. Its easier to make a boot thats too big fit than too small.