Checkpoint Charlie

olyclimber

Mexican drug traffickers are funding Al Qaeda?

OK, what GALAXY are you from?

Like I said, I couldn't give less of a shit about drug trafficking. I'm not willing to give up one ass hair of freedom for that issue; I believe in full legalization. Put whatever you want in your body, but when you misbehave, the government comes a calling.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I couldn't give less of a shit about drug trafficking. I'm not willing to give up one ass hair of freedom for that issue; I believe in full legalization. Put whatever you want in your body, but when you misbehave, the government comes a calling.

Yes. Where is the majority of opiates made and exported from?

Many times, it is easier to predict what someone will do after they think they have crossed undetected

Namely, trying to get a fucking job.

I am talking about traffickers and such.

I think it'd be better if we just started using the word "browns" as a kind of catch-all phrase for all your paranoid fantasy "thems".

Are you saying all traffickers are hispanic in origin? Seems a little discriminatory there Kommrad.

Sorry, I didn't realize all your delusional fixations on security were focused on our border with Scandinavia. Carry on.

Or the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Philippinos, Laotians, Canadians, Columbians, Ecuadorians, Argentinians, Pakistanis, Afghanis ect. Do you want some more Prole, or are you going to rise up to my challenge? Or are you going to bitch up and keep being satyric? I prognosticate the latter. If that is the case, I see no further reason to respond to you about this topic.

Um, Afghanistan and Thailand. Do they have Mexican restaurants there now?

Um, Afghanistan and Thailand. Do they have Mexican restaurants there now?

How do they get it into the US? (Other than on Russian import imposters)

You've lost the point of your argument. We've been fighting a losing 'Drug War' for decades, so obviously your little checkpoints, which have been tried, aren't gonna do shit. The only way to mitigate drug trafficking is to mitigate demand, and that's where decriminilazation and treatment come in; policies that WAIT A MINUTE we've never even tried but that have worked elsewhere to decrease drug related crime and social problems.

Or the Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Philippinos, Laotians, Canadians, Columbians, Ecuadorians, Argentinians, Pakistanis, Afghanis ect. Do you want some more Prole, or are you going to rise up to my challenge? Or are you going to bitch up and keep being satyric? I prognosticate the latter. If that is the case, I see no further reason to respond to you about this topic.

Challenge? Anybody dumb enough to take the toxic potion of racism, jingoistic nationalism, homoeroticism, paranoia, and belligerence that you serve up here on a daily basis seriously enough to the point of engaging you in any kind of debate in a forum like this is worse off than you are.

Scott, you don't have a problem with random checkpoints being setup to search people without probable cause? Didn't you swear to defend the constitution? :wazup:

They are not being searched.

So how will they catch drug dealers? :confused: How will they catch illegal aliens? Can't aliens get driver's licenses pretty easily? How will they catch nukular weapons in the trunk?

So what's the value of this again? :confused:

Edited by rob

Yes, they are being searched, and such a checkpoint does constitute a "taking" (of time). At least, according to the Supreme Court, which has ruled in favor of sobriety checkpoints using a test balancing public safety and the constitutional protections from unreasonable search without probable cause.

If I ever get stopped at such a checkpoint, I"m going to light up a grain alcohol Molotov, smash it in the guy's face, and yell "Search this, motherfucker!"

Or not.

Challenge? Anybody dumb enough to take the toxic potion of racism, jingoistic nationalism, homoeroticism, paranoia, and belligerence that you serve up here on a daily basis seriously enough to the point of engaging you in any kind of debate in a forum like this is worse off than you are.

How do you call me nationalistic? racist? homoerotic? paranoid? belligerent? I have spent 1/3 of my life living in different countries, never touched a penis without exam gloves on, and unlike you, do not believe that everyone in the government is out to get me. I don't fear terrorism. I get sent to places to fight it because guys like you are.

Scott, you don't have a problem with random checkpoints being setup to search people without probable cause? Didn't you swear to defend the constitution? :wazup:

So how will they catch drug dealers? :confused: How will they catch illegal aliens? Can't aliens get driver's licenses pretty easily? How will they catch nukular weapons in the trunk?

Probable cause during stops.

Yes, they are being searched, and such a checkpoint does constitute a "taking" (of time). At least, according to the Supreme Court, which has ruled in favor of sobriety checkpoints using a test balancing public safety and the constitutional protections from unreasonable search without probable cause.

If I ever get stopped at such a checkpoint, I"m going to light up a grain alcohol Molotov, smash it in the guy's face, and yell "Search this, motherfucker!"

Or not.

Dare you.

Like, "you're wearing a turban. Open the trunk." ??

Like, "you're wearing a turban. Open the trunk." ??

Nope. More like "You have an Obama bumper sticker. QUIT RESISTING ARREST!" "SIR! STOP RESISTING!"

How should I know? I am not a cop. I am just saying that it is not a gestapo technique but rather a thought out check point looking for something specific or to increase safety through catching/ discouraging drunk drivers.

Edited by akhalteke