Democratic National Convention

kevbone

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KKK…..I don’t know the answer (neither do you)……but until we change the thinking of selfish jerks like yourself….nothing with change. I would like you to use this kind of thinking….say…in the military.

I would like you to think about what you say…….

You don’t want to help the guy who is injured on the battle field? If he can’t help himself (pay his own way) then he stays on the battle field and dies. All because you are a selfish prick. I see no difference with the working class in America.

Selfish prick = a bowl-smoking slacker who refuses to pull his own weight.

You mean like snagging a scam paycheck for screwing the pooch all day on this forum? That kind of weight?

I mean, let's face it folks, as far as LAZY, FUCK OFF, or SLACKER is concerned, well, we don't know those tens of millions of uninsured here on this forum, but we certainly know one scam 'employed' poster who fits that bill to a tee, don't we? No, smoking pot doesn't necessarily make one a slacker, but pretending to your employer that you're producing what they want in exchange for money, and lots of it, well, that's not just being a slacker, that's being a liar and a thief as well. In other words, a perfect GOP foot soldier!

As the owner of a small business I find some of the right wingers here laughable.

Small businesses don't always make tons of money. In my case I was providing income for myself and one or two employees. Paying my own health insurance was a stretch, but thank god I did since right now I'd be in debt for a half mil easy.

I provided all I could for my employees. I covered 100% of their L&I, but they were still fucked for off the job injuries or health problems. I know what they made, and it was a fair wage given their skill level.

I looked into a company health plan, but having a very small number of employees made insurance costs both high and prohibitive for me to provide.

Employees were making money, so no medicade, but they were doing good to pay for food, rent, and transportation. Health insurance was well beyond them.

What I hear from some folks here is the senerio where people go to a doctor or hospital, on admission they have no insurance and no medicade. The doctor then kicks them in the ass and tells them to go die on the street.

I don't think people should expect unlimited care, but there needs to be a minimum level everybody should get. Medicade may help some, but there are a lot of people out there working and making money that get nothing.

Tax-exempt government sanctioned and subsidized churches!

Sorry, dude. Many of us give to charities that are not faith based.

How much do you donate of your time and money, BTW? Nothing?

I'm just a squirrel, tryin' to get a nut. No, seriously, working 40+ hours a week to keep a family of two above water on a monthly basis should be enough. Taxes that I'm already paying should cover my collective responsibilities to my fellow citizens and alleviate some of my own financial burden (like health care). This should free up some of my time to make real social contributions through collective activities (being an actively engaged citizen) and developing individually (learning a craft, a language, playing an instrument, travelling, etc.) That my financial contribution is being misdirected and that some of you assholes (liberal and conservative) would frame the entire discussion in terms of work (arbeit macht frei?) represents a true decay in the idea of liberty and what it means to be a human being.

No, KKK's got a CC screen up 24/7. He posts 50 - 60 times a day (that's once every few minutes), continually, throughout the work day, but reads many more posts across nearly all the forums here. Do the math. The guy's a scamming deadbeat; the very epitome of what he rails against ad nauseum. A fucking posing douche of Olympian stature.

I'm just a squirrel, tryin' to get a nut. No, seriously, working 40+ hours a week to keep a family of two above water on a monthly basis should be enough.

Just as I thought.

Keyword there is "should". That it isn't is a reflection on the victories of conservatism in this country.

Multitasking has been proven to be bullshit for years. The only way to complete tasks of any complexity is to focus on them and knock 'em down one by one in decent sized time blocks. Your job either involves moving tiddlywinks around a screen or you're not doing any work, cuz, like, you're certainly no Einstein.

Edited by tvashtarkatena