Kayak, Paddle & Spray Skirt $120

Terminal_Gravity

Orange, 11' Hydra Plastic beginner boat. Easy to roll. Adjustable foot pegs. Optimal for 150-190 pound 5'6"to 5'11" paddler. Neoprene spray skirt. Barely used fiberglass paddle w/ 60 degree offset ( I paid $90 for the paddle). It is a good "point the nose down river" boat. It is not suitable for "Play" but can handle surf.

The boat is in "ready to use" shape. I can deliver to PDX.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy mine....Easily sell it to some Seattle Yuppie kayaker wannabe for 3 times the price...Offer Necro the $360 as a down payment (after you have knocked his price down to $600) and have some really good white water gear for the price of two screws and a dry rope...then you won't actually have to climb ice this winter because you don't have quite enough protection and you can be afraid that your old rope will absorb to much water (and it's a 10.2 and is really too heavy anyway) You can be much happier eating potatoe chips and watching the games this winter and occasionally walking out to your garage to look at your new kayak...make it to a pool once to practice rolling...decide you are too lame to ever get on a river...sell the kayak next fall for the money you still owe Necro...decide you don't really want to climb much anymore...sell your gear to finally make your wife happy and put a down payment on a new SUV...work overtime to make the payments...she'll be alone more and wind up hanging out with a dirtbag climber (because that's what she really loved about you in the first place)...they'll run off together and you will get drunk and crash the new SUV and end up in the slam.

So please buy my Kayak!

quote:

Originally posted by Terminal Gravity:

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

okay okay okay i will buy it.....

but you got $400 i could borrow??

Sure...but let's just make it easier and let me borrow your wife.
[Wink]
no problem man....i will let you know when i get one...though in the meantime.....i know a couple of gir......nevermind!!

[laf][laf][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

quote:

Originally posted by Terminal Gravity:

Price reduced to $119.99 !!!

That's a screaming price for boat, paddle, and skirt. But it's not exactly boating season. Can't you wait till Spring for the garage sale?

actually boating season will start back up as soon as the rain begains...then it goes till mid july for most rivers.....

so good luck terminal!!

i will give you $6.00 US

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

actually boating season will start back up as soon as the rain begains...then it goes till mid july for most rivers.....

in western Washington. But in other places where there are rivers (I'm thinking Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana), it's getting damn cold. The Green river through Desolation and Grey canyons often freezes in winter (Historically, mules were driven on the river ice to transport building materials to ranches in the area).

[ 11-04-2002, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: freeclimb9 ]

quote:

Originally posted by MtnBoy:

can you please email me a picture of the boat to SpenceB@earthlink.net

Thanks

Spencer

Sorry Spencer, I don't have a digital camera, the software to download from a friends, or a current picture of it. My scanner is a pain to use and I don't want to spend the hour plus to send you a photo. The price is to cheap for me to screw with all that.

It's an old plastic boat. It's orange and pointy at both ends. No leaks and it is sound. I used it about 3 times a year for about 6 years and had a lot of fun. It is a good boat for that type of boating but if you want to be a star boater you will want a different boat.

If you are almost sure you want it, let me know. It is less hassele for me to throw it in the back of my truck and meet you in PDX next time I'm coming out than to send a photo. (if you are just kicking tires don't take my time, please)

Or you can call me for more questions. 541-426-0150 (steve)

quote:

Originally posted by Jarred Jackman:

I'd like to have the boat package. I'm 6'4" and you said it's optimal for folks up to 5'11" would I be uncomfortable in it? Let me know what you think then I'll let you know if I still want it. I think it's a great deal, it's just, I'm still trying to save for Denali!

take care

Jarred

The guy I bought it from was over 6 feet; so it might fit. But I can't make any garuntees. It may depend on how fat your ass is. [Wink]

Come over to Enterprise and try it on. I'll atleast buy you a beer (or five). Bring your ice tools...

And if it means saving for Denali, for you Jarred, I'll work out payments.

If you guys have ice out there say no more. let me know when you want to climb and I'll jump in the car. I work mon-thurs, with three day weekends almost every week. I'm getting a little subie within the coming weeks so I'll be able to make it out there without spending a million on gas driving our truck (only means of transport right now.)

Let me know

I climbed locally last weekend and could definately use a partner ( or 2 ) this weekend.

I found a couple of lines that are in but I can't garuntee that they will stay for the winter if we get a warm spell. I'm sure of a 2 pitch w/about 40 feet of solid fat vertical column toward the top that will be great this weekend. Around the corner is a more tenious cascade of curtains, some of which don't quite make the ground yet. It is probably WI6 or M5 about 3 pitches and almost certainly un-climbed....way way to hard for me to solo.

Well; are you going to PM me or are you all talk?

Your email and PM options don't work. Says something about you not wanting your email address to be public knowledge.

I definitely want to climb. I don't think this weekend will work though as I am trying to get a ride to the Seattle area to pick up a Subaru I'm buying from a friend. What do you have out there in the way of alpine climbing, winter routes, and spring/summer rock? If Rob is serious about heading out there I would definitely hitch a ride with him, I just don't have wheels yet for the weekend. Email me if you think something is in the works, I'm stoked to get some climbing in.

later

Jarred

Hey Jarred, I'm not sure why you had trouble. I get PM's all the time; one last night. I updated my profile just in case something got screwey. So try again. I do greatly prefer PM's to E-mail.

Or you could call me at 541-426-0158 or even better, give me your # & i'll call you.

As I write this, we are getting a major Chinook blowing through which is probably going to fuck up all the young ice. [Frown]

As far as your ? on climbing availability out here...yes to all of the above. The Wallowas have everything but glaciers & altitude.

Later-steve