Biden as VP, many rude and offensive comments

billcoe

Link

Says the secret service is heading to Bidens house. He's the choice. However, read the Hillary fan boi comments slamming the choice below. Amazing. To me, that Obama went with a quality experienced guy, over others who had received more votes, speaks well for his judgment. I want that VP to be a good candidate to take over the top job, and this may be one of the best around for it. Just MO

Sample:

"I'm sure Biden is a good Senator, but this is slap in the face to all women and all Hillary voters. Is Obama so petty that he can't get over the primary race? Get over it! You won. Don't be a sore winner. Hillary should have been given more respect; she campaigned hard for Obama. He should have at least had her vetted. Even McCain treated Romney better"

"King Obama thinks he can slam Hillary and rule alone. No way!!! He is so crazy!! I will never vote for that two-faced sob! Hillary was promised!!! I will never trust Obama again!!"

"I happen to know that Barack asked Hillary to try out being his Beotch first to see how things would fit and Hillary said, "Osama, Obama, Yo Momma, if you think I'll be your Beotch. She's the one who assured that she wouldn't get to be his VP. So you stupid Hillary tards get your heads straight. We can win this- we really can. Close your eyes are say three times, Osama, Obama, Yo Momma. Just try it."

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is curious, and a bit frightening, that some voters become so attached to a personality or fixated on a single issue that they are unable to step back and see the forest. In perusing reader comments at the nytimes, I see similar sentiments expressed, though they seem to be a minority of comments.

I wonder how many will actually vote the way they talk now. They sound so categorical, like there is no more deciding to do. I guess we'll see.

Maybe its the interwebs talking....

Senator Biden is a strong choice. . . his Catholic, lunch box democratic creds should help ground Senator Obama's campaign. I favored Governor Richardson for a while, but some of my clients in New Mexico indicated that there were some not-so-well-hidden skeletons in his (((closet))).

I relish a Sen. Biden - Gov. Romney veep debate. Hell, a Sen. Biden - Sen. McCain debate would be great as well.

But what about Biden's statements?

Means nothing.

After I got done chuckling...I think that even a 3rd grader understands that in trying to win an election, you both try and present yourself in a good light while laying the worst you can come up with about your opponent.

So that's the worst sound bite they can fish out? OK, Obama is young and has little experience. People said that about Kennedy too.

The positive comment about McCain could have been said 8 years ago when McCain was being railroaded and horrible things said about him running against Bush. He may have already lost, and Biden was being charitable, knowing that he'd be working with JM for the next 4 years.

Doesn't that make you wonder how long ago it was and the context? It's soundbiteism at its best (worst). So what? Means nothing once you've laughed about the irony, and thought about it.

Although I put more stock in things like this: it's still a Karl Rove opinion piece and possible total bullshit as well. I expect that had Rove been lying, the press would have been on it like flies on shit though, so it's most likely a true story about McCain. I'm just sayin... Link

Neither of those things, your soundbite ad or the Rove piece, settles the matter for me, although it will for others.

What I don't understand about your support for McCain is his willingness to spend billions on rebuilding the infrastructure of Iraq at the expense of our own infrastucture here at home.

We have levees failing, bridges collapsing, and congested highways compounded by poor public transportation.

How do you justify rebuilding Iraq and not putting more federal money into basic maintenence of our own infrastructure?

We are not rescuing anyone. Like McCain said, "we may be in Iraq for a hunderd years". What you see over there right now is what you get. Do you think it is ever going to be any different than the struggle between Israel and Palistine? Why?

What I don't understand about your support for McCain is his willingness to spend billions on rebuilding the infrastructure of Iraq at the expense of our own infrastucture here at home...

You break it, you fix it....call it a moral obligation

A quaint truism.

The problem with all of this is that nobody is even trying to talk about what our prospects for any kind of improvement let alone success in Iraq may be. From Democrats and Republicans all we get is sound bites that are designed to stimulate an emotional response but no real information nor any actual discussion.

A quaint truism.

The problem with all of this is that nobody is even trying to talk about what our prospects for any kind of improvement let alone success in Iraq may be. From Democrats and Republicans all we get is sound bites that are designed to stimulate an emotional response but no real information nor any actual discussion.

Couldn't agree more.....Perhaps once the election is over, we can stop the partisan debate about whether or not going to war in Iraq was justified, and face the fact that we are there, have an adult discussion about what conditions should be met before we withdraw, and start working towards that end. Talking about how much we are spending on reconstruction has limited value. How much did the US spend on Japanese reconstruction after WWII - and they attacked us. In Iraq, we need to question whether we are spending money wisely and not throwing it down the drain to be wasted (by corruption, corporate greed, etc.), but we need restore human services, transportation infrastructure. etc. that we bombed. Whether or not we should have bombed it is a separate discussion.

Couldn't agree more.....Perhaps once the election is over, we can stop the partisan debate about whether or not going to war in Iraq was justified...

Yes and no. In my mind, we have to keep talking about this because so many Americans and politicians keep arguing that we can and should rely upon American military strength as the answer to just about every "situation" that comes up. You are right that the debate over the run up to the war is a distraction from considerations of exactly what to do in Iraq now, but it is absolutely essential that we acknowledge how we got into this mess if we are going to avoid making things worse everywhere else.

It is not enough to say, two years ago, that "yes, we were mislead" and then argue that it is only partisan muckraking to make any further mention of that fact or raise any question about whether we should conduct military operations and joint exercises and deploy troops or send arms everywhere from Pakistan to Patagonia.

Couldn't agree more.....Perhaps once the election is over, we can stop the partisan debate about whether or not going to war in Iraq was justified...

Yes and no. In my mind, we have to keep talking about this because so many Americans and politicians keep arguing that we can and should rely upon American military strength as the answer to just about every "situation" that comes up. You are right that the debate over the run up to the war is a distraction from considerations of exactly what to do in Iraq now, but it is absolutely essential that we acknowledge how we got into this mess if we are going to avoid making things worse everywhere else.

Sigh...all I can say is screw the weatherman. I should be climbing today, but cancelled my plans based on the forecast last night - instead I'm blathering about politics.

What I don't understand about your support for McCain is his willingness to spend billions on rebuilding the infrastructure of Iraq at the expense of our own infrastucture here at home...

I would agree if there were any hope of fixing it like we did in Japan. Unlike Japan, there are factions within Iraq that would destroy everything we build. There is also a great deal of support from neighboring countries for these destructive factions. Their goal is to keep us from building another Israel/western enclave in the middle east. With htis in mind, what are really accomplishing? I submit, we are staving off the inevitible sweep of Isamic fundamentalism in Iraq.

This is the single biggest reason I have been apposed to the war in Iraq from the start. We have kicked a mean sleeping dog without even checking to see how big it is. By invading Iraq, we give Islamic fundamentalists a focus. We were already struggling to maintain credibility with moderate Islamic nations and peoples due primarily to our hard line support for Israel. Israel took Palistine from the Arabs after how many hundreds of years. Now Arabs have every reason to fear that we (the west) want more. And frankly, I think that is exactly what this invasion was about.

If we really want to contribute to rebuilding Iraq, we should pull out and offer billions in aid through specific avenues such as heavy equipment, materials, and technology. Until we do that, we are just another wave of Christian invaders.

So shut up and climb already.

At over $120+ A barrel,and given the fact that oil out of Iraq

is just getting back to pre 1990 levels,they don't need us nor

want us around,they've been sitting on a gold mine,and know it!

The world is playing lets make a deal,and were being out bid!

Edited by pc313