[TR] Sinister, Dome, and the Hanging Gardens - 8/16/2008

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. I wish all backcountry smokers were as environmentally responsible...

dirty hippies are the best as they all roll there own, leaving butts that decay in days - basics use cotton filters i think, which also decompose pretty quick. regardless, these mountains are tough/remote enough to ensure they'll stay plenty wild until that time when we waste ourselves and they go totally wild again.

I think these really capture the spirit of the place. Great photos.

impending weather tuesday night at spire col

PT2.jpg

me in the gloaming of tuesday night

PT3.jpg

slog'n'past the south-cascade glacier - note the mp3 which is no doubt playing morphine's "rope on fire" for one of the 733 or so times i listened to it this trip

PT11.jpg

downclimbing the margins of the middle cascade glacier

PT15.jpg

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Yeah, those were not our butts. The smell of my tent testifies to the usage of 60 butts for the purpose of Ivan's ground insulation. Thankfully that EPIC fabric airs out well. Good work documenting the crime though, did you include that work in the split times? :P

Lowell, I definitely can agree that bivy site is a tad excessive, which is why it looks damn comfortable. :) At the same time, there is validity in the idea that one or two set and established bivies in popular spots can help isolate abuse. Camping on the ground certainly is far more comfortable than camping on the snow. Hopefully most people can excercise common sense and minimize the damage to non-durable surfaces as best as possible.

-j