Wanted - Approach Skis

Paco

I'm looking for a used pair of skis with Silveretta bindings to clip in to my Invernos for use on approaches. Ski length preferably 165 or less. Anybody have a pair they want to sell or know a place that's selling them either PM me or post away.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marmot out in Bellvue or the Tacoma store usually have a pile of older AT bindings they're closing out,still not going to be Cheap Cheap.

If it's just the approach and you want to go the 10 dollar way, you can find a NATO standard cable binding that's got an adjustable toepiece, fits approach shoes to Sorels if you want. You should be able to buy this, new, stock, for under twenty bucks if you hunt up the right surplus store. They are quite worth the time to hunt them out and mount them on some elcheapos from a garage sale. I used to use them to make tele turns in mountain boots at the resorts a couple seasons, they actually work very well.

I think the hagans at Second Bounce are more of a standard length ski 180cm-190cm at least thats what I recall when I was in the shop last week. You might have an easier time going with the shorty approach skis if you are driving them with your plastic mountaineering boots. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, Climb High used to be the US distributor for Hagan boards but stopped having them in their catalog about four years ago...bummer. Hagan used to, might still, make a lot of skis for other companies including Atomic.

Link to Hagan ski at MEC site

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=266293&bmUID=1035502399279

[ 10-24-2002, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: pete a ]

Paco:

I may have you covered. I have a pair of Silvretta 400s and a pair of simple and fairly lightweight Hagans. They are what I would call an expedition ski. Roughly 170cm in length. I have used them for a few seasons of moderate use. I do like them...but I am in the process of updating to a more ski oriented set up. (As opposed to an approach focus).

Long story...I have new skis already and I am trying to pick up some Silvretta 500 bindings from a buddy. If I get them I will not need my old set up...if not I will need the bindings.

Can you wait about a few weeks?

I also would have to think of a price. Skis and binding are both in good shape and I'll throw in the skins too. This was not the top of the line Hagan at the time but one of the better ones. It is light. Also, what size is your foot? It does matter because the bindings are sized.

Send me a PM. [big Drink]

What's keeping Hagens out of the US marketplace, any way?- their skis are the most economical ones out there, it's CRAZY!!

People I've talked to that ski on them have good things to say about them, they'd make tossing out 450 bucks for a set of planks nuttin but lunacy.