Hypocrisy

kevbone

It is more complicated than any of you will ever know and no book will teach you what you need to know about how to deal with the different nuances and idiosyncracies of each micro-sect in the area.

By your own definition you can't know the consequences of your actions. SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU INVADE THE DAMN PLACE!!!! There is so much cognitive dissonance with you conservatives:

US == always good!

US kills thousands of people

Those people would have killed themselves QED

Because the consequences of innaction far transcend the consequences of international apathy.

Nonsense! We would be safer, richer and fewer people would have died had we not gone to Iraq. Those holding defense contractor or oil stocks would be a little poorer, but the rest of us would be better off.

You have a very 'short-term' mindset. True, our enonomy is hampered and some people died (my very good friends included). To say that "we would be safer, richer and that fewer people would have died," is telling. Long term global stability is worth more than a few years of you having to pay another extra dollar for gas (somehting the rest of the world has been doing for decades.)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet we spent the money and the lives...to walk away now and allow it to disintegrate into a sectarian violent hell does a disservice to the Iraqis and the region, and furthermore weakens us in all future negotiations with all countries in the world, both friend and foe, in my view.

Spot on. I may not believe in the premise of the war that was started, but I will fight like hell to win the war that was created because I know the dire stakes of losing this conflict.

The REAL goal of this war is to justify spending on the military industrial complex which is another way of saying giving handouts to Cheney and his buddies. This is what war has always been about and always will be. They have a vested interest to drag this out and make the people believe this is about democracy or oil or freedom or whatever smoke screen the masses will believe.

The REAL goal of this war is to justify spending on the military industrial complex which is another way of saying giving handouts to Cheney and his buddies. This is what war has always been about and always will be. They have a vested interest to drag this out and make the people believe this is about democracy or oil or freedom or whatever smoke screen the masses will believe.

Well said.

Well said.

But not well thought out or true.

Well said.

I believe it to be true.

Well said.

I believe it to be true.

Well I believe you are a mongloid 8 year old pretending to be an adult.

Well said.

I believe it to be true.

Sitting, as I am now, at a government contractor that hopes to cash in on the war, I totally agree that if not the reason for the war, the military industrial complex is the main beneficiary.

The US has a long history of Americans hearing the call and defending the country when its actually threatened. That we have to pay Blackwater and mercenaries so much money stands as evidence that they are the main beneficiaries, not the US public.

Jiggler. You might be suprised that much of the military's funding has been cut-off because of war-time spending. Sounds contradictory, but so much money is being spent on things in theatre, that much of the operational budget is decreased to compensate despite increased funding from congress.

Jiggler. You might be suprised that much of the military's funding has been cut-off because of war-time spending. Sounds contradictory, but so much money is being spent on things in theatre, that much of the operational budget is decreased to compensate despite increased funding from congress.

You might be surprised at how easy it is to get funding for random R&D projects that might, someday, if the stars align be deployed to Iraq.

I have to agree with you on that one. Not everyone is benefiting. But there is a huge amount of waste and a general belief the private sector can get stuff done faster and cheaper than the public sector. What it amounts to is corporate wellfare. Drive from Dulles to DC and you'll see your tax dollars at work. Wall to wall corporate towers, soaking up tax $$s, while people sit in filth a few miles down the road at Ralph Reed.

Well said.

I believe it to be true.

Your belief does not make it true.