Chickenhawks

mtn_mouse

Poor people (the majority of America) constantly vote against there best interest. Republicans (the rich) make it look like what is good for them is good for you.

We must eliminate these people's abilities to vote in order to save them from themselves. We will start a new political structure that is based on collective work for collective gain. I just can't think of a catchy name for it. Anyone have a good idea?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, pray tell, is wrong with being wealthy, or aspiring to wealth? I do, every day. Pursuing success, prosperity, wealth...when did these become bad things?

There's nothing bad about those things in and of themselves.

Allowing both a collective and personal ignorance of our acquisitiveness to build a society that rewards greed and ruthlessness with institutional control is another matter, however. And excusing it by comparing it unfavorably against equally nefarious attempts at social engineering by those with similar issues of control, misses the point entirely.

Poor people (the majority of America) constantly vote against there best interest. Republicans (the rich) make it look like what is good for them is good for you.

Your premise that the majority of America is poor is mistaken; thus, your theory is meaningless. Further, your assertion (or implication) that the "rich" are Republicans is blind to the fact that some of the richest members of the House and Senate are Democrats.

Kev, I hate to break it to you but rich Democrats have the same disease of which you speak. This isn't a party issue. It's one of the oldest issues of mankind- power, greed and acquisitiveness. Solving the problem through political channels will not work, ever.

3) Yes, daily.

Really. I dont hear about daily attacks on American soil. Which news is reporting it? If you are referring to Americans being attacked in Iraq.....do you blame that county? If Iraq occupied America....would you want them out?

Did they attack us on our soil? Before we occupied Iraq.

Edited by kevbone

the majority of america is not poor. ever really seen poor people?

I know a lot of "poor" people with a fishing boat, 2 cars, a house, and the funds to buy gasoline, cigarettes, and plenty of beer.

But they can't afford health insurance. :rolleyes:

Or there house payment.

the majority of america is not poor. ever really seen poor people?

I know a lot of "poor" people with a fishing boat, 2 cars, a house, and the funds to buy gasoline, cigarettes, and plenty of beer.

Or there house payment.

What this country needs is a higher standard of education.

You are the poster boy for this argument.

That's the same BS argument that canyondweller tried the other day. Fact is, half of all bankruptcies are caused by medical expenses, and most of those people have health insurance. See Harvard study, reported on MSNBC.

Sure, you and I both know plenty of people who enjoy relatively good health and would rather spend their money on other things. That doesn't at all mean that the uninsured or underinsured in this country have chosen to spend their money on second cars and boats instead of healthcare.

As I pointed out, to the sneers of Fairweather and Canyondweller, my wife and I pay over $7,000.00 a year for medical insurance plus deducibles and other uninsured costs (our deductible is $1,500.00) and we have no kids and no history of expensive medical ills. If you work for the government (god forbid) or medium to larger businesses you probably have pretty good insurance and don't have any idea how much it actually costs. If you work for small business, are self employed, or are disabled -- maybe not.

WE already pay for them. And get shit in return.

Are you kidding? Our roads are pretty damn amazing if you ask me. By all accounts we've let maintenance of our infrastructure slide in recent years and I'm no traffic engineer but I have traveled a fair bit and I can't think of anywhere that the roads are vastly better than ours. Yes, there are some pretty sweet highways in Europe, but they pay more in taxes and much less of them actually drive on the roads than we do. Is that what you want?