Titanium pitons

Jonzo

Anyone know where a guy can get a hold of some titanium rock pins...I know Ushba used to make these, but they're not around any more. I haven't had much luck searching, tried eBay before too. I don't want many, just a few (4-5) to lighten the rack for alpine projects in place of LAs. Any tips would be great.

Cheers!

Jon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpindustria in Moscow, Russia stocks them. Just a short walk from the Izmailovskaya metro station. Alvo Titanium who used to make them for Ushba is still around.

Scroll to the bottom of http://www.alpindustria.ru/catalog/alp/spare_p/1395/ to see a few, but there were more varieties when I was in the store a couple years ago. Good luck trying to order them online though. ;-)

I'd call on those first... mtn tools is notorious for billing your CC before they actually ship the item. I bet they cant get them

I've heard that a lot.

Interesting, never had any problems with them although I have always ordered by phone. Definitely something to think about in the future.