finish trim wood (hemlock) source?

olyclimber

can anyone recommend a place to get good hemlock finish trim? i've got to retrim all the windows in my house (just finishing up putting in the next to last window) and i need got get a bunch of trim stock. i'm going to do the "arts and crafts" style trim design so the stock i need is pretty basic. so far i see McClendons carries hemlock, but i haven't looked around further than that. i could go check out the Home Despot and their supply of crooked wood too...but prefer to go to one place that has reasonable prices.

i think there is also a place down just south of the west seattle freeway on 1st South, some lumber place.

any ideas?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone recommend a place to get good hemlock finish trim? i've got to retrim all the windows in my house (just finishing up putting in the next to last window) and i need got get a bunch of trim stock. i'm going to do the "arts and crafts" style trim design so the stock i need is pretty basic. so far i see McClendons carries hemlock, but i haven't looked around further than that. i could go check out the Home Despot and their supply of crooked wood too...but prefer to go to one place that has reasonable prices.

i think there is also a place down just south of the west seattle freeway on 1st South, some lumber place.

any ideas?

why hemlock?

Dude, just go get the cvg fir at Compton down offa first somewhere, best price for that stuff you'll find. If you wanna use my account and pay cash just let me know.

Stain is just an ugly time consuming extra step, nothing beats the warm glow of fir with several coats of oil.