Holiday Mountain Bike Special!

Dr_Flash_Amazing

Okay, kids; It's like this. DFA bought a schmancy new bicicleta de montañas in 1999, hoping to relive the days of his youth when he sped about at top speed and didn't pollute. Sadly, a combination of Portland's climate (wet) and the Doctor's own laziness soon rendered the bicycle decorative, translating to low miles.

It's from a company called Race Technology, which was only in business for a while, but had a good product. Here's some info on what their story was/is:

"OUR ORIGIONS AND EVOLUTION...

i started off in the early eighties with one of the first mountain bike companies in oregon. those were the days when people were still building mountain bikes out of old cruisers and bmx components. i've worked for quite a few shops over the years. my favorite was in aspen, colorado where we ran downhill tours from the top of the mountain a full decade before the dh bike was even invented. i came back to oregon and started my own shop, cascade sports. before long it became one of the top high end mountain bike shops in the northewest. i then sold the store and to take things a step further, i started my own brand, "race technology". i imported a whole shipping container of aluminum frames from kinesis, the world's largest aluminum frame manufacturer, as well as cranksets, stems, handlebars, grips, barends, seatpost clamps, seatposts and saddles from the bike industries top oem suppliers. having just sold all my remaining stock of the race technology stuff i'm now in the process of adding every high end mountain bike product available to this site."

Anyway, 18" aluminum frame w/curved seatstays and chainstays (powder-coated in shiny aluminum color). All LX components (V-brakes, too!) plus an XT long cage rear derailleur. SPD pedals with the platform around the edge so you can use them with regular shoes for quick jaunts to the store or whatever. Marzocchi Bomber Z1 front suspension. 1 set of knobbies, 1 set of slicks. There's a pump, under-the-seat bag with some patches and tools(?), basic Cateye headlight, blinky LED rear light, a Krypto lock (might even have the key for it), and a small cable for the seatpost. All in all a fine steed.

Retail was $1150, however, the beast has been collecting dust for a while now, and needs a good home, so if you're interested, make the Doctor an offer.

OK, $500 and you can be the proud owner of this racy steed!

[ 10-31-2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Dr Flash Amazing ]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

post a photo of the model and tell me what year it is.

-

…above picture is for the Mesa GS mdl. mine isn’t quite as fancy but looks about the same.

Shimano shit

rock shock fork

chrome molly frame (not alum.)

more padded seat than stock

21 speed

some fancy fuckin knobby tires

1998 or 1999 can't remember shit

[ 09-18-2002, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: jon ]

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

quote:

-

…above picture is for the Mesa GS mdl. mine isn’t quite as fancy but looks about the same.

Shimano shit

rock shock fork

21 speed

[laf][laf][laf][laf][laf]

That's so precious!

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

quote:

-

Shimano shit

rock shock fork//// hey trask has that pad ever kept your vagina from slamming into the stem ?

21 speed

[laf]

Well, shit. The Doctor just needs to rustle up some extra capital. Hell, Superman and Batman got found out too, didn't they? And they had a lot more at stake, what with all the flouncing about in tights with their underwear on the outside. At least DFA keeps his underwear under his tights!

So you wanna buy the bike, or what?

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

So you wanna buy the bike, or what?

not really, I just dumped a grand into my super-auto, feeling kinda poor right now. I gotta stop jumping those big humps on those forest service roads at Darrington in my sexy Scandinavian car...trashed the muffler and motor mounts. can't blame the clutch on the 'off roading', though.

• 1 month later...