Will Become Belay Slave for Food -- and training

alexm

Hello,

I would like to learn how to climb trad. A friend of mine who posts on CC.com suggested that I offer to become someone's belay slave in exchange for instruction on how to place gear, etc.

I've been climbing for a few years now. I have been leading on sport (inside & outside) for over a year.

So to summarize, I'm a noob. But I would like to become a better climber, both on rock and on ice/snow. There are really two things that I would like to learn. First, how to place gear so that I can start alpine climbing. Second, I would like to learn crevice rescue skills. So if anyone is interested, please either respond or PM me.

I live in Seattle, WA.

Thanks,

alex

Edited by alexm

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex-

Im looking for a partner for Sunday, cragging or "alpine light" at WA pass. Id be happy to show you anything I know. Crevise rescue/self rescue would not be my strong points but if you want some critique of your gear placements or building anchors then I consider myself solid with that. At least my gear had always held the fall 50% of the time :)

-Brandon