Klenkenator got em all!

wayne

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Paul!

Paul finished 5 lists at once: The Bulger Top 100, the Top 100 x P400, the 39 County Highpoints List, the 2000 Prominence List (144 peaks), and the 39 Washington County Greatest Prominence Points.

He became the 30th finisher on the Bulger List, the 6th on the Top 100 x P400, the 5th on the County High Points, and the 2nd on both the 2000P and the County Greatest Prominence Points.

Thanks for being a climbing partner and a friend, Klenke. It is an honor to be listed next to you on the Bulger finisher's list!

Finisher's List

Finally knocked the bastard off....
Michelle thinks Rainier is a "female" mountain. I said it is a "man" mountain, especially since it was named after a man.

Anyway...

Thanks for the congrats. What can this volcano bigot say? I can say I'm never going up that mountain again.

For those who are curious, these are the five lists I completed (which totals 251 separate summits or points of interest, such as county highpoints that are "liners"):

Top 100 lists (Bulger and 400P)

Washington 2000-ft prominence peaks

Washington County Highpoints

Washington County Greatest Prominence Points

That's quite a compendium of climbs, Paul! Now you can relax on flat ground for awhile before starting the second phase of your climbing career...to repeat all those routes. BTW since you were on Liberty Cap, did you climb Rainier via Liberty Ridge this late in the season?

Grats Klenke!! I know you've been working on the lists fora while so good to see you finish them up. So what's next? I vote you go to Colorado and show those punks what a bagger of real peaks (as opposed to their hills) looks like! ;-)

:brew: :brew:

BTW, I'm with you...volcanoes are to be avoided at all costs!

-j

Finally knocked the bastard off....

For those who are curious, these are the five lists I completed (which totals 251 separate summits or points of interest, such as county highpoints that are "liners"):

Top 100 lists (Bulger and 400P)

Washington 2000-ft prominence peaks

Washington County Highpoints

Washington County Greatest Prominence Points

Aah, I'd wondered what the deal was with all them other little mole hills that you'd dragged me up. Makes sense now :grin:

Kyle: No Lib Ridge. I climbed the Emmons punter route because I didn't want to screw around with summiting (especially considering the skill/health of the partners at hand).

Josh & Radek: What's next? Well, I have decided I'll go for the Top 200 WA peaks by Prominence. No one has completed that list but Roper is at 182+. I'm only at 166. It'll take a few years--especially as life's priorities change. Also, I will attempt to complete the Top 100 x 500P (the last columns at right on the Finishers page linked to above). I've got about nine of those left. The Top 200 x 400P is of interest but I'm only at about 132. A long way to go on that one. Only Don Goodman has finished that list.

Tony: I haven't done any mole hills with you. Forbidden wasn't a hill. Gray Peak wasn't a hill. Guye's Improbable Traverse wasn't a hill. And you never said yes whenever I invited you on a dumpster dive. :cry:

Edit: Oh wait, maybe Greenway Mountain next to McClellan Butte qualifies. :grlaf:

DPS: Tom S. is the youngest to finish the Top 100 Bulger List. I am currently the youngest to finish the Top 100 x 400P list but that will be handed to Tom once he finishes last list, as long as he doesn't wait too many years (which probably won't happen considering he's only got a few left). I am the youngest to finish the other three lists, though (WA Cohps, WA GPPs, and WA 2kPs).

Tony: Dude, Greenway soars with prominence. It's like K2, only smaller and greener and uglier and stupider. Where as most peakbaggers can only dream of scaling K2, Greenway Mountain offers its supple shoulders up willingly. It is the Winnie the Pooh of peaks. It is the spineless Seattle political opposition of peaks. It is the Seattle Mariners of peaks.