$75 nw forrest pass ticket??

Eli3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a $75 ticket for not having a northwest forest pass at the white river parking lot! What happened to the $5 ticket and a nice addressed envelope to buy a pass?

The warning/grace period has been over for years now. Consider yourself a criminal.

Almost had a similar thing happen over the weekend. My partner and I drove to the Mt. Yoran TH in the Diamond Peak area, we didnt have a pass and figured we would be fine.... After driving the 20 miles of forest roads to get to the TH, the only parking space left was right beside a forest ranger's car (we arrived at midnight). Well shit. We woke up early drove back to town bought a pass and then came back out. We only saw the forest ranger, actually it was a crew of 3 guys doing trail work, on the hike out. They were up there doing trail maintenance and we had a great chat.

Sorry Eli. Can you claim spiritual enlightenment?

If you can't get to a ranger station during the normal hours, and there's no self issuance options, one way to avoid a ticket is to buy the pass online, and put the online receipt on your dashboard. I did it at the Tenaway lot and didn't get a ticket even though the feds had obviously been there.

I got a $75 ticket for not having a northwest forest pass at the white river parking lot! What happened to the $5 ticket and a nice addressed envelope to buy a pass?

It seems to me that one possible better option is to just buy a $10 saw and saw the sign down. Don't just leave it laying there.

God forbid we walk on our own property with out getting official permission first.

Wow- They've raised the citation from $55 to $75 this summer.

---------

I love that link to the scanned pass where you check the applicable box. I bet it would work everywhere except for anywhere Leavenworth Rangers and F.Service personnel go. Those Leavenworth/enchantment guys are dolts.

So I've been reading the text of the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Some interesting stuff.

For example, from Sec. 5 of FLREA: BASIC RECREATION FEE:

FEE-FREE DAY- At every unit or area of a Federal land management area that charges a basic recreation fee, that Secretary concerned shall designate at least one day annually during periods of high visitation as a `Fee-Free Day' when no basic recreation fee is charged.

I've never seen one of these....

We got ticketed at the parking lot on Chinook Pass this weekend. There was an elderly Forest Service gal who was trying to be quite nice about it and said she was letting us off easy by giving her $5 instead of the $75 fee. Apparently I could have parked 1/4 mile on the west side of the pass (in the National Park) for free. Shame on me I guess.