• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
rob

You know what I love?

I love meeting people on the road on their $2000 road bikes, with their $90 tires, expensive cycling clothes (complete with "sponsorship patches") and fancy helmets -- and then completely toasting them on the hills, on my 20-yo Peugeot, wearing old shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt.

It makes me feel good. :D

I love meeting people on the road on their $2000 road bikes, with their $90 tires, expensive cycling clothes (complete with "sponsorship patches") and fancy helmets -- and then completely toasting them on the hills, on my 20-yo Peugeot, wearing old shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt.

It makes me feel good. :D

$2000? It's probably a $5000 bike you are passing :)

have you seen the 100+lb overweight dude with the matching helmet, gloves, jersey, shorts and bike on the Burke Gilman?

You know what I love?

Dudes wearing tight pants?

I'm sorry you spent so much on your bike.

I ride a sweet Specialized Rock Hopper that's like 15 years old with a fucked up back rim and brakes that don't work for shit.

Admit it. You'd deck yourself out if you had the money. I know I would.

I'm stuck commuting on a 35# mountain bike with flat pedals, a kinked chain, a dead fork and a squeaky bottom bracket. I pass the occasional roadie but their doing a hell of a lot less work than I am.

I dunno, if I had $5000 to spend on a bike, I prob wouldn't commute on it every day! :D

my bike rocks -- it weighs almost as much as I do. It's made out of decommisioned armored tank plating. If I were to get hit by a bus, i'm sure my bike would just roll under the wheels and come out OK.

Then my kids could ride it.

no, I wouldn't buy a super nice bike.

G550 - hell fucking yes. 7 cycles.... no.

I'm stuck commuting on a 35# mountain bike with flat pedals, a kinked chain, a dead fork and a squeaky bottom bracket. I pass the occasional roadie but their doing a hell of a lot less work than I am.

If I had $5K to burn, I'd buy a nice AT ski setup.

And use the rest of the money on other gear.

I'd use the money to help pay down the crushing credit card debt my wife has racked up.

Just like I did with my Bush $ Co. ESP check last week. :rolleyes:

have you seen the 100+lb overweight dude with the matching helmet, gloves, jersey, shorts and bike on the Burke Gilman?

I ride the I90 trail

Not raining today, Princess? :wave:

And he drove to the trail.