You know what I love?

rob

I love meeting people on the road on their $2000 road bikes, with their $90 tires, expensive cycling clothes (complete with "sponsorship patches") and fancy helmets -- and then completely toasting them on the hills, on my 20-yo Peugeot, wearing old shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt.

It makes me feel good. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love meeting people on the road on their $2000 road bikes, with their $90 tires, expensive cycling clothes (complete with "sponsorship patches") and fancy helmets -- and then completely toasting them on the hills, on my 20-yo Peugeot, wearing old shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt.

It makes me feel good. :D

$2000? It's probably a $5000 bike you are passing :)

Admit it. You'd deck yourself out if you had the money. I know I would.

I'm stuck commuting on a 35# mountain bike with flat pedals, a kinked chain, a dead fork and a squeaky bottom bracket. I pass the occasional roadie but their doing a hell of a lot less work than I am.

my bike rocks -- it weighs almost as much as I do. It's made out of decommisioned armored tank plating. If I were to get hit by a bus, i'm sure my bike would just roll under the wheels and come out OK.

Then my kids could ride it.

Admit it. You'd deck yourself out if you had the money. I know I would.

I'm stuck commuting on a 35# mountain bike with flat pedals, a kinked chain, a dead fork and a squeaky bottom bracket. I pass the occasional roadie but their doing a hell of a lot less work than I am.

If I had $5K to burn, I'd buy a nice AT ski setup.

And use the rest of the money on other gear.