Critical Mass Cyclists

Fairweather

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So counter intimidation with intimidation? What will that produce? More anger. What will that produce? More violence.

Sounds a lot like US foreign policy. :whistle:

sounds a lot like Steven Seagal :whistle:

No, my policy is one stop shopping. I take care of all the bad guys the first time around. No more violence.

So counter intimidation with intimidation? What will that produce? More anger. What will that produce? More violence.

Sounds a lot like US foreign policy. :whistle:

So, great one, why would people that are against these types of policies regurgitate them? I would think that would be slightly hypocritical.

So, great one, why would people that are against these types of policies regurgitate them? I would think that would be slightly hypocritical.

Unrelated comment.

Personally, my fantasy is seeing about 40 or 50 massive, amped up monster trucks with KC roof spotlights chasing 10,000 terrified critical mass bicyclists across the desert, and it ending with them stampeding off the edge of the Frenchman coulee cliffs like a herd of wild buffalo.

That's for the compliment, grasshopper. Greatness is not easily achieved. :yoda:

It seems like we would hear about this kind of thing a lot more if the critical mass rides were really that menacing. This group interacts with hundreds, thousands of cars on a ride, and one driver is involved in a violent incident. Are we supposed to consider this bad luck on the part of this one driver? Uh-uh. No reason to pick on him any more though, he's already confessed that he consciously provoked and/or aggravated the incident.

That said, I'm with the folks that believe that critical mass is mainly an excuse for brats to get together, act out, and get away with shit they shouldn't. Bicyclists certainly don't need these kinds of demonstrations to "take back the streets."

Sometimes when I see a CM ride go by I'm tempted to pull in to see what all of the fuss is about. It takes about 2 seconds to realize that the last thing I want to do is get stuck in a big group of brats who can't ride for shit and can't keep a 10 mph pace even while ignoring all traffic regulations. :mistat:

I just don't see what they hope to gain. Pissing off motorists is only gonna make them more marginalized and more targeted both on the streets and in the courthouse.

It has as least as much effect as one of those intimidating "HEY HEY, HO HO..." chants you hear at hippie street protests.

Unrelated comment.

Personally, my fantasy is seeing about 40 or 50 massive, amped up monster trucks with KC roof spotlights chasing 10,000 terrified critical mass bicyclists across the desert, and it ending with them stampeding off the edge of the Frenchman coulee cliffs like a herd of wild buffalo.

That's for the compliment, grasshopper. Greatness is not easily achieved. :yoda:

even better if they were chased by Hummers and Escalades which failed to swerve in time and followed the CM'ers over the precipice :)

Unrelated comment.

even better if they were chased by Hummers and Escalades which failed to swerve in time and followed the CM'ers over the precipice :)

And it's winter, and there's telemark skiers in there too.

Reminds me of that Evergreen State Jew-hater that got run over by the bulldozer.

Bicyclists=Jew haters?

No. Cyclists and spoiled little girls who stand their ground against slow moving, motorized, steel-encased machines are just plain dumb.

Unless it's a commie driving the machine, right? (sorry, irresistable devil's advocate opportunity...)

Tiananmen_Tank_Man.jpg