RAMROD '08

Alpine_Tom

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that time of year again! I'll be riding it, for the first time since 2001. We'll see what seven years have done to the aging legs.

Who else is going? Dwainer, are you going to be doing CAMROD?

I'll be there. I usually leave Longmire around 8:30 AM and you'll probably see me...the only guy running with a croquet mallet...somewhere between there and Paradise and beyond...My crew sets up wickets every couple of miles so you might see some of them by the side of the road. Make sure you say "hi", Tom!

camrod.jpg

So, RD your running not cycling? or taking a break from the bike?

Registered rider or poacher?

Ain't ridin'.

I've done my running croquet game (CAMROD) probably every year since at least 1995. Ask the regulars.

- never tried it on a bike but I'd like to someday...it's a tough route.

looks like he is sporting a tasteful cycling unitard

Sorry to disappoint you and "Tokogirl", but my shirt and running shorts just happened to match that year.

I did RAMROD the year they closed 410 due construction. Added a bit of length to it.

That would have been last year: 2007, including the long ten mile uphill haul up to Sunrise from White River. Sure was perdy, though.

Your outfit looked a bit loose for typical cycling attire.

What colors will you be sporting this year?

Oh my! I'm thinking maybe green! Maybe with a little cap, a cute belt or some fairy wings!

rady.jpg

:D

Sounds devine! Fairy wings - how enchanting!

"That would have been last year: 2007, including the long ten mile uphill haul up to Sunrise from White River. Sure was perdy, though."

Actually I believe it was '96??

Actually, it was last year (also?) because of the damage done to the roads from flooding. My memory ain't that bad cuz I distinctly remember running last July!

Check it out:

RAMROD 2007

Anyway, see you on The Mountain.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to see the little man next RAMROD, my jersey's solid orange.

Didn't see Trash/big-talkin'-whatever in RAMROD...if he was there, he must have been near the back of the pack after I turned off to run UP the nasty hill to Paradise while everyone else turned on to the Stevens Canyon Road (a detour required of the cyclists due to construction at Paradise).

Didn't see Tokogirl, either. Wheredya go, Missy?

DID SEE Alpine Tom, ridin' hard and lookin' good somewhere above the Nisqually Bridge before Narada Falls.

Racing across the Nisqually Bridge, mallet at the ready should cyclists become unruly.

CAMROD_2008_1s.jpg

He shoots and he scores!!!

CAMROD_2008_2s.jpg

P.S. ""Mailbox Peak is where I had my last birthday party!"

rebeccawithchick.gif

So does whatever is your doing require two watches?

Someone gave me one of those GPS speed/route/distance/heart-rate thangs that you can plug into a computer afterwards and chart your outing/training. I was giving it a try for the second time. Ain't convinced it's anything more than a novelty yet but I'm not familiar with all of its features. The other watch I know how to work.

he wants the split times for his two ginormous hips.

"ginormous hips", eh? Whatever, dude. I'm an endurance athlete and they serve me very, very well.

BTW, You sound like a catty little girl. Go out and do something adventurous and you'll feel much better about yourself.