McHale Backpack For Sale

cliff

Hello,

I have a used McHale backpack for sale. This is the Alpineer model, and I bought it right here off CC almost two months ago. At the time I thought it would fit, but like an idiot I never tried it on with any significant weight. It is too short for my torso, and the hip belt is too small for my waist. I had Dan McHale take a look at it and we tried another belt, but the shoulder straps are just too short for me, so I get strangled with anything above 25 lbs. Dan was unwilling (due to his huge backlog of orders) to rip the shoulder straps off and rebuild them for me. I've tried to contact the lady I bought it from, but she doesn't answer her emails or phone. I'm stuck with it. It was stupid of me to buy it - my mistake.

Anyway, this is the standard Alpineer model, which utilizes two 7075 T6 aluminum stays which converts the pack into either a very large daypack or a full blown expedition pack. This particular pack is six years old, and includes the bypass harness system and the full wrap "Critical mass" hip belt. This pack was designed for someone with a torso length of 17"-19", and a waist of 30"-32". The pack itself is in very good condition, with some light soiling on the top flap/fanny pack. I can't figure out how to add photos here on CC, but I have a couple of pics of this pack I could send as a .jpg if anyone wants to look at them. My pack is royal blue with maroon compression straps, and a black bottom. This pack can haul just a days worth of gear or an extremely heavy expedition load. The new version os this pack sells for approximately $650 at this time. I'm selling this one for $225.00. If you have any questions please drop me a line at salish@foxinternet.com. Thanks for your time.

Cliff

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic