W McMillan summit bivy??

JoshK

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would definitely be cool bivy but not so comfortable. When I went up there a few year back my partner and I were able to find reasonable places up there that were good enough for an afternoon nap. I am not sure if it would be confortable all night long. You definitely should be able to find a reasonably comfortable bivy spot below the summit.

Hilarious indeed. For your future witty rejoinders though, its spelled Mt. Stuart, not Mt. Stewart.

For the record, Mr. Bee, "its" should have an apostrophe for your use. This is a common spelling error.

As a possessive there is no apostrophe: "That cam will never hold because its lobes are tipped out."

As a contraction there is an apostrophe "It's the fifth time I've asked you to stop farting in the tent, now get out!"

Edited by Rad

How much internet searching did it take you to figure that out?

Actually, that was from middle school, but let's not hijack the thread.

West Mac bivy sounds like a great vantage to watch sunrise and sunset.

My partner and I bivied on the summit of Inspiration and it was very cool.

And combining a climb and a bivy optimized for some views is invalid, how...? I'm pretty sure you are just trying to stir up shit for some reason. For example, many people bivy on the Torment-Forbidden traverse for the sole reason of bivying on an amazing ridge, even if they are plenty able to complete the climbing without a bivy.

Well, as long as we're all being total language geeks, Mr. Rad, the instance of "it's" in your first example: "Its my lead, you wanker!" is a contraction of "it is" and thus should be "it's."

Its as a possessive would be, say: "West McMillan is pretty but its summit is unsuitable for a bivy, according to some douchebags."

Well, as long as we're all being total language geeks, Mr. Rad, the instance of "it's" in your first example: "Its my lead, you wanker!" is a contraction of "it is" and thus should be "it's."

Its as a possessive would be, say: "West McMillan is pretty but its summit is unsuitable for a bivy, according to some douchebags."

should douchebag be hyphenated?

Correct. 2 points.