cc gear swap at marymoor or UW?

Jens

Here is an idea I've been thinking of:

A lot of us climbers have tons of gear and not a lot of extra cash.

We all have gear that we; don't like anymore, have outgrown, have replaced, or don't use anymore.

We could have a cascade climbers "swap meet" at Marymoor or UW rock. We could trade or buy or sell gear. I bet if even a dozen people showed up with some gear it would be a great way to score that used item we've all been to poor to lay down top dollar for. I don't have much gear to unload but would like to try this. Then some bouldering or a pint of redhook?

Any takers? I'd say It's a go if we could get at least 10 people.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UW rock would proabably get more people but I only go there about once every four years and it seems like the parking lot is always full. Marymoor has a parking lot that is always empty ( we could lay shit out on tarps), a huge grassy field and tons of space. But if more people would prefer UW, I'd go there. But I think Mary moor would be better. 520 isn't that bad you Seattleites

Are people game for trading or swaping some gear? I don't have much cash.

Midweek soon.

This is a killer idea. Let me take this a step further. Is there going to be a fall rope up? That could be a good place to do it. Another idea is to have this along with a slide show and [big Drink] which I can get silver buddies for way cheap.

Either way we can have more then one.

[rockband] Rock on Jens!

Hey Trask. I got the cheese ( [Moon] ) and tabacka to go with those [HORSECOCK] samples.

Seriously though, let's get this thing put together.

(--Climb on,,,

Hey dude, where can get one o' them there action suit thingies?

[ 08-28-2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: rodeo ]