stuart lake trailhead to snow lakes run

chrisr

Anyone done this as a trail run from parking lot to parking lot? If so, how long did it take? Planning to do it this weekend but was curious about how much time to budget for the actual run. Thanks

Edited by chrisr

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 18.5 miles. Car to car a group of us gals did it in 7 hours taking two breaks.

I have done it quicker but depends on whether you would like to nap in the sun or not!

Do you need a car shuttle? Friends and myself are doing Colchuck Lake on Saturday.

PM me if you would like!

Teresa

Edited by Tokogirl

I would recommend starting at Snow Lakes, and going out via Colchuck lake. i did this early season a few years back (walking mostly on snow) and it was a great loop. I heaved my mtn bike in to the bushes at the mountaineer creek trailhead and rode it back to snow lakes trailhead and it didn't take too long. Just watch out for cars coming up the forest road if you choose to haul balls down the road on a bike - which is fun. The ride is short enough that a car shuttle is uber-overkill, not to mention a total waste of gas.

-josh

we ran all but aasgard of course and some of the descent where it's too steep. Otherwise we took a short 15 min break at the top of the pass, a few photos along the way and then a 5 min break down at snow lakes. I think by the end of the summer I could do it in about 5.5 hours. Something to shoot for anyway.