treacherous aasgard pass

rob

So, I'm planning on taking a girl I know hiking this weekend and whipped out the dusty old alpine lakes guide book. Flipping through it, I happened to pass a description for the "assgard pass hike."

Some gems from the description:

Hiking Time: Allow 3 to 4 days (!)

...which may require an ice axe, sometimes rope and crampons...

...if determed to go this very steep, dangerous way...

...the ascent is the next thing to vertical...

...watch for cairns placed by the forest service... (the forest service? really?)

wow, I've come down aasgard pass lots of times, I never realized it was so hard-core :confused:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see aasgard as the willis wall of hiking.

:lmao:

Incidentally, anyone have any good suggestions for a hike? I was thinking maybe going up the west fork foss river up to Chetwood lake (is that what its called? Big Heart lake maybe?)

I was also thinking necklace valley but I think that might be too much milage for her in a day

Suggestions? Foss river will prob be a circus

Incidentally, anyone have any good suggestions for a hike? I was thinking maybe going up the west fork foss river up to Chetwood lake (is that what its called? Big Heart lake maybe?)

I was also thinking necklace valley but I think that might be too much milage for her in a day

Sahale Arm

maybe they were knocked down by all the roped travel

went down it in mid June and it sucked aas.

did it take you 3-4 days?

no, but it seemed like it

so true. longest mile or so of my hiking career.

Edited by minx

Yes. I've got the perfect date hike, assuming you're going to do it pretty soon:

Chelan Sawtooth Wilderness: Drive Hwy 20, then up the Twisp River Road. Take the Buttermilk Creek turnoff and follow your forest service map to the TH for trail #436. Hike about 3 miles along an easy, scenic ridge on good trail through some of the most beautiful wildflower festooned meadows on the planet (you're already getting at least a blowjob at this point), then leave the trail for an easy schwak to a small, larch circled lake just NE of Oval Peak (see a topo). About 4 mi total.

It's a longer drive, but if you go within the next 10 days or so when the flowers are still peaking, totally worth it. Leave as early in the morning as possible to beat the heat.

Chances of meeting anyone else: about zero.

Warning: be prepared for mosquitoes.

Edited by tvashtarkatena