Mount ST. Helens climbing beta

LUCKY

Looking to take my girlfriend up for her first trip sometime midweek in the next 2 weeks

Any one know if the road to the climbers bivouac is open yet?

Is it possible to get a permit the day of the climb like you use to, we know all those permits are not being picked up.

What happened to holding some permits for the day of the climb for climbers that are actually there to climb?

Why does a walk up peak have be so difficult in paper work to climb , :rolleyes: the new permit system sucks, I have climbed it 5 times, it was like an every year climb till that rock climbing thing kinda took over.

Summit and the ape caves is a great day :tup:

Any one with recent beta would be appreciated.

LUCKY :wave:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the route is still out of marble mountain sno-park as of last weekend. it's very easy to follow.

Pictures: Mt St Helens - July 12, 2008

the permit system sucks. they definitely need to look into making some changes - at the very least save some permits for climbers that come thru day of looking for one. not to mention some people try selling these fucking things on craigslist for a profit...

i ended up doing it without one and didn't have any problems. if you tread lightly and don't leave any of your shit behind i don't see why not. there wasn't even close to 100 people up there when i was there and it was a saturday.