Need an ordained climber or for Mt. Baker Wedding.

Jens

If anyone knows a climber who is any of the following; ordained, a minister, magistrate, judge, or the like, can you pass along this post to them-

-------------

My girlfriend and I are planning to get married on top of Mt. Baker this summer. Our marriage license that we have from City Hall requires us to have two witnesses and a person who is any of the following; ordained, a minister, magistrate, judge, or justice of the peace to perform the ceremony and sign off. We had my brother-in-law (who is a clergyman of a church) all lined up to perform the ceremony. We just found out yesterday that he has to bail due to a small emergency, so we are under the gun to find a replacement before our license expires. If anyone is interested, we are in need of someone willing to climb Mt. Baker with us and perform a short ceremony on the summit. I will pay them whatever fee they feel is appropriate and reasonable. I am a competent climber who has climbed many different routes on Mt. Baker. I would be willing to "guide" the one performing the ceremony to the top if they are lacking in mountaineering skills.

They would get paid to climb a beautiful mountain!

We are looking for any of the following weekends (Saturday-Sunday)

August 2-3 (first choice) July 27-28, or August 9-10.

Please private message me if you are interested or know of someone who might be interested. They can bring a friend if they like.

Thanks

Jens

Seattle, WA

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone knows a climber who is any of the following; ordained, a minister, magistrate, judge, or the like, can you pass along this post to them-

-------------

My girlfriend and I are planning to get married on top of Mt. Baker this summer. Our marriage license that we have from City Hall requires us to have two witnesses and a person who is any of the following; ordained, a minister, magistrate, judge, or justice of the peace to perform the ceremony and sign off. We had my brother-in-law (who is a clergyman of a church) all lined up to perform the ceremony. We just found out yesterday that he has to bail due to a small emergency, so we are under the gun to find a replacement before our license expires. If anyone is interested, we are in need of someone willing to climb Mt. Baker with us and perform a short ceremony on the summit. I will pay them whatever fee they feel is appropriate and reasonable. I am a competent climber who has climbed many different routes on Mt. Baker. I would be willing to "guide" the one performing the ceremony to the top if they are lacking in mountaineering skills.

They would get paid to climb a beautiful mountain!

We are looking for any of the following weekends (Saturday-Sunday)

August 2-3 (first choice) July 27-28, or August 9-10.

Please private message me if you are interested or know of someone who might be interested. They can bring a friend if they like.

Thanks

Jens

Seattle, WA

My pastor is a climber....We've done Ranier together and he's done Baker several times. No idea if the days would work for him, but I'll ping him.

Jens: Congrats on getting hitched. I know of a minister in Mt Vernon that might be willing to oblige. The major sticking point is that he is practicing, and would have to be back with the flock on Sunday. I will run it by him and see what he thinks. Steve.

Sorry for lack of clarity in my previous post. I was merely recommending an easy way for someone you know to become ordained so that they can perform the service if you can't find anyone else. I assumed that you wouldn't be the one becoming the minister...