• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Bigtree

Nude climber craze tipped to take over Britain

Stone Nudes redux - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2300313/Nude-climber-craze-tipped-to-take-over-Britain.html?DCMP=EMC-new_15072008

naked-climbers-2_689978c.jpg

"Nude climbing has become popular among beginners and experienced adventurers alike.

Its followers say it is the closest they can get to nature, while requiring none of the harnesses and ropes of the normal sport.

One enthusiast has even taken to photographing participants, compiling the results into a calendar called Stone Nudes 2009 which, he says, is intended to "inspire and celebrate" the human form.

The calendar, which he has been compiling for the past ten years, features black and white shots of perfectly-sculpted women scaling rock faces in the western United States.

"This kind of climbing is the sport at its purest, intended to inspire and celebrate the human form," said California-based Dean Fidelman.

"Hundreds of people are now participating in a sport that captures the true essence of the climbing sprit."

The sport is the latest in a series of nudist adventure pursuits to sweep across America and is tipped to edge its way over to Britain.

"It requires no equipment," added Mr Fidelman. "Which means climbers of all abilities can take part."

The sport is the latest in a long line to to attract a nudist following.

Nude hiking is the most common pursuit, but there is also a World Naked Bike Ride, naked wrestling, naked skating, bowling and yoga, while horticulturalists celebrate a World Naked Gardening Day."

Nude climbing sounds great, so long as it is limited to female climbers like the one posted above. Not so sure I want to see a bunch of harry ass ugly men out there in the buff though. (Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just don't want to see it myself.)

So, climbing naked must be easier, since "climbers of all abilitites can take part."

If they were clothed, that would no longer be true? Once they put pants on, they suddenly require shoes and harness? :confused:

So..........not Stone Nudes calendar with men? or is it mostly women who are on the cutting edge and climbing nude?

So..........not Stone Nudes calendar with men? or is it mostly women who are on the cutting edge and climbing nude?

There is a Stone Dudes calendar but apparently it doesn't sell as well.... aside from the 10 copies Kevbone buys.

Some may only realize the farce after their first full-body strawberry, crotch ropeburn, or bareback cholla cactus rodeo. :mistat:

(Not that I have anything against pictures of babes rock climbing.)

must... not... post... nude... climbing... photo... of... myself... :anger:

Reach for the jug....

Which one? Or should I go for the "both hands" dyno?