• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
moss killer

[TR] Squamish BC - Polaris 8/6/2008

we were tanked when we got to astroledge...i dropped our water accidentally...i suck...my buddy still gives me shit about it...

Haven't managed to get back to squamish since...its been 3 years...:cry:

I love borderline, climbed it for the second time on Saturday and that offwidth, thanks for the bolts (3)! I jammed it both times now im told if I want it to feel 10a I should lieback it..hahaha.

Wish you would have put a bolted station on top though, quite cramped quarters.

We did not expect people to make two pitches out of the off-width pitch. We put it up as one 55 m pitch, something for everyone to hate, off-width and slab. But I must confess the rope drag on the upper slab moves can be disconcerting when done as one pitch.

What Susan said on Borderline p5, minus a few meters. Use a very short draw (or even a single locking biner) on the 1st bolt of the OW, to reduce drag.

FYI, that particular OW would have been very hard to protect on trad gear. At the time I bolted it, the only commercially available gear it would take was a very shaky #4 Big Bro, which I used for aid as I drilled. I never found a placement I would have trusted in a fall.

Also -- is that big scary dead tree still there, halfway up pitch 5? That was the one trundle we never quite managed.

-Eric

That looks awesome!! Can't wait to try it. BTW were you guys working that last summer when someone above started dropping rocks off the top? Not me but someone I knew....he was gonna base jump go figure..

same with pipeline...two big cams only...a #6 friend, pushed until tipped, then #9 VG and a qd for the bolt...

What's a #9 VG??

Epic route with great variety!

That little stub in the crack on the 4th pitch is now far from confidence inspiring, at least for me. I didn't even consider putting a sling on it. It doesn't look nearly as good as in your photo and I shuddered as I stood on it. Whoever made the comments: these guys did not bolt it into submission! I found the bolts to be quite judicious and commendable. I wish the first two pitches and particularly the second pitch weren't so moist but such is life at Squamish.