EVOLV SHOE CLOSEOUTS! Amazing prices.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bill, I just ordered a couple pairs myself. Never tried Evolve shoes before, anyone know how they fit (generally speaking)? I normally don't like to buy shoes online unless I try em in store first to make sure they will fit but this was such a bargain I couldn't resist.

Evolv is a topnotch mfg who's shoes fit as good as LaSportiva and Boreal. Furthermore, their rubber is the best in the world.

The oracle has spoken.

BTW, if it doesn't work out I don't know you.

:lmao:

My fax machine kept telling me the fax did not go through so I scanned and sent it as a PDF. I will prolly end up with 7 or 8 completed orders if they actually got all the faxes I sent... I'm sure BillCoe/gearho will need all the extras they send me though so no worries.

So my 2 pairs just showed up today and I ordered them last Thursday. The approach shoes fit great but the Quest rock shoes are to small. Guess I will put em on E-Bay unless someone here wants em $25 + actual shipping, size 10.5 US. I take PayPal.

I think I'll try to order some size 11's if they still have some left. Seems like some great rubber on these babies.

Another nice thing is the pair that does fit, is they are not the ugly orange ones that are displayed on the link. More of a tan color.

Thanks Bill!

So my 2 pairs just showed up today and I ordered them last Thursday. The approach shoes fit great but the Quest rock shoes are to small. Guess I will put em on E-Bay unless someone here wants em $25 + actual shipping, size 10.5 US. I take PayPal.

Glad that worked out. I have some other approach shoes that I'd beg to have sticky rubber on. One more thing to buy if you plan on ever buying another pair of shoes (OK, the last pair I got from ClimbMax needed this treatment as well)

Link

Shoe stretchers.

a24c_1.JPG

Says"

Make every pair of shoes you own feel like they were made just for you!

This pair of professional-quality two-way wooden shoe stretchers can expand both the length and width of tight shoes for a roomier, more comfortable fit. Each stretcher comes with pop-in plugs to create a little extra room for problem spots like corns and bunions.

These stretchers are so easy to use. Simply put them inside your shoe. Is the shoe just a little tight? Turn the crank to gently expand the width of the shoe. Is the shoe rubbing the back of your heel? Turn the knob to gently stretch a little more length into the shoe. Leave them in for a few hours to overnight to achieve permanent results.

Do you have a problem area on your foot, like a corn or bunion? Or does a particular shoe just rub your big toe a bit too much, or cramp your little toe a bit? Just put one of the four included plastic inserts into the proper hole in the shoe stretcher before putting it in your shoe. The insert will add just the right amount of room to make every pair of shoes you have feel like the most comfortable pair you’ve ever worn.

These stretchers are of the highest quality hardwood and steel and will last for many years of great service."

Bill,

I did think about stretching them and Evolve even offered to stretch them for me if I paid for shipping both ways (should have bought that stretching set-up I saw at a garage sale last weekend) but decided they were just a bit to small. I put em on e-bay and they are already over $32 so no biggie. I ordered another pair and got the last size 11 Quest rock shoes. I really wanted an 11.5 but since they did not have any, they said they would stretch them using their own "proprietary" stretching method. So far, I am very impressed with the customer service there, especially considering the bargain prices paid for what seems like some great shoes. Cant wait to try em out. Thanks again.

Well, I was gonna highly recommend Jeff (Hemp22) as an honorable dude, but looks like your in the shoe biz now making all kinds of money!

Just so you know, IMO, (that is: IN MY OPINION) Evolv has the best rubber right now. Not just the stickiest, it might be -I think so, but the longest lasting. Yosemite Bum is the resole folks and they are damn good on shoe repair IN MY OPINION. Last year I sent Jim O's old and real real F*ed up real real bad Fires down with 2 pairs of mine for a resole and he's been getting lots and lots of mileage in them (they are his only climbing shoe).IN MY OPINION I just looked at them Sunday and they still had plenty of gizz on em, after a full year of high mileage climbing. (I cannot really tell about mine as I have so many different shoes, hard to say what has high mileage or not, but mine both still look good too).

What I think that means for all climbers is that there is less rubber being rubbed off onto routes making them slicker. IN MY OPINION it stays on your shoes. Making the slab moves on YW won't have you pissing your pants next year as the friction moves get slicker from all that C4 greasing onto it. IN MY OPINION anyway

You save money as well. IN MY OPINION

ps, whats that ebay link for the shoes?

Edited by billcoe

you're in the PDX area, right? I might be willing to take those quests off your hands for $25 :)
Just sold em on e-bay for $38 + shipping, if the deal falls through I will let em go for $30, that is about what I am into them with shipping. Otherwise, I will just repost em on e-bay.

Well, I was gonna highly recommend Jeff (Hemp22) as an honorable dude, but looks like your in the shoe biz now making all kinds of money!

Just so you know, IMO, (that is: IN MY OPINION) Evolv has the best rubber right now. Not just the stickiest, it might be -I think so, but the longest lasting. Yosemite Bum is the resole folks and they are damn good on shoe repair IN MY OPINION. Last year I sent Jim O's old and real real F*ed up real real bad Fires down with 2 pairs of mine for a resole and he's been getting lots and lots of mileage in them (they are his only climbing shoe).IN MY OPINION I just looked at them Sunday and they still had plenty of gizz on em, after a full year of high mileage climbing. (I cannot really tell about mine as I have so many different shoes, hard to say what has high mileage or not, but mine both still look good too).

What I think that means for all climbers is that there is less rubber being rubbed off onto routes making them slicker. IN MY OPINION it stays on your shoes. Making the slab moves on YW won't have you pissing your pants next year as the friction moves get slicker from all that C4 greasing onto it. IN MY OPINION anyway

You save money as well. IN MY OPINION

ps, whats that ebay link for the shoes?

I alway had Bill Mckinney in Trout Lake do my resoles when he owned Mt. Soles. He sold it about 10 years ago to whoever owns it now and I was planning on sending my Mythos in to Mt. Soles sometime this year for a resole. I think I will send them to this Evolv dude if I like the rubber as much as you do. Sure seemed sticky just handling them out of the package. Great customer service too.

Link to e-bay add Evolv Climbing Shoes Size 10.5

I use to use Mt Soles as well, but one time, they wouldn't resole me Kaukulators. Said they were garbage and I needed to toss them.

These Yosemite Bum guys did an amazing job on them and I loved the rubber. Never looked back.

BTW, dems some butt ugly shoes you're dumping dere on Ebay! :lmao: Glad you're making money on them Dave.

You want to see butt ugly? I got my pumpkin approach shoes and "Gay Bar Green" approach tennies from them today.

I think I'll take a month long climbing road trip on the $13 profit I'm raking in on my new shoe resale biz. I can prolly get like a gallon of gas and a snicker bar or 3 with that bankroll.

Somehow I lucked out and did not get the super ugly orange approach shoes.

Hoping the next pair fits so I can get my mythos off to the Bums.

I think I'll take a month long climbing road trip on the $13 profit I'm raking in on my new shoe resale biz. I can prolly get like a gallon of gas and a snicker bar or 3 with that bankroll.

Somehow I lucked out and did not get the super ugly orange approach shoes.

Hoping the next pair fits so I can get my mythos off to the Bums.

ROTF! :lmao:

BTW, you want to see the "Super Ugly Orange™" keep your eyes peeled I'll be wearing mine! As they are the school colors of OSU, they might sell for a fantastic sum on Ebay, and I could join you on the road trip. Togethere, we'd have enough money for gas to make it almost half way to Smith Rocks.