Jeff Park update?

Rootsman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

how you getting there? even when we were there it didn't seem like skiis woulda been much help, until you actually reached the park. i know of one other group that went up about a week ago that said the snow still had not been refreezing at night, so i'd imagine a lot more melt out and funky conditions on the climb.

The plan was to head in via the Whitewater trail. My partner is planning on taking slow shoes, but I would rather avoid these if possible. I was thinking about using my back country xc skis, since I won't be doing any skiing on the mountain itself, just hoping for a speedier exit, if not approach. What do you think, having the fresh beta and all...?

We're thinking about the Russell glacier to avoid the schrund and such on the JP Glacier. Did you happen to get a look at the Russ?

Thanks

didn't look much at the russell to notice anything other than that it looked most unsavory - the jp glacier is definitely the most pleasing route on the mountain, from what i've seen so far - i think slowshoes would be thoroughly pointless currently, w/ skiis being almost equally worthless. there is very little by the way of terrain that will be speed up w/ these heavy devices :)

There are still skiable stretches of the west rib, but you'd have to _really_ want it as of july 6th, and with this weather, it's probably already gone.

Much of the PCT above Pamelia is snow-free.

Shale lake, hunts, coyote, all remain snow covered.

Southwest ridge to red saddle is snow-free.

Traverse from red saddle around pinnacle is all snow, slightly runneled, with few tracks.