Big Government Sucks

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, private contractors should have 'distributed' emergency supplies...

"You want the water? You need it really bad, don't you? ...

Oh by the way, did you know that the price of water just shot WAY up? :/

ps. Don't hate the player! :wave:"

it's all the "thought" that counts, not the result

I understand in theory how private contracting could be effective for things like this (especially when the national guard has been shipped out of the nation they were supposed to be guarding), but the usual lack of accountability, lack of competition, and the obviously corrupt ways in which no-bid contracts are awarded make privatization in general at most a distorted shadow on the cave wall. But I guess the grass is always greener.

I understand in theory how private contracting could be effective for things like this, but the usual lack of accountability, lack of competition, and the obviously corrupt ways in which no-bid contracts are awarded make privatization in general at most a distorted shadow on the cave wall. But I guess the grass is always greener.

private contracting? who said anything about that?

as for lack of accountability, lack of competition, and "obviously corrupt ways" - fuck, that describes big government to a tee.

private contracting? who said anything about that?
I just assumed that was the logical alternative to expecting existing federal and state agencies to respond adequately to a disaster. But I guess we could also just not try to send aid to the victims.(?)

as for lack of accountability, lack of competition, and "obviously corrupt ways" - fuck, that describes big government to a tee.
Yes but we get to elect our government and hold them accountable, while a private contractor is further insulated from the will of the people, and seldom chosen with any regard to it.